Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Its possible to take A/C signal from climatronic on me7.5 like get VSS from ABS  (Read 9560 times)
davgeek

I made a 1.8T swap on my Ibiza, but it doesnt have a physical signal for ecu, thanks!
dal

Hi. Climatronic can display a lot of informations. RPM, speed, coolant temp. Do you know how climatronic sources this data? KWP1281? CAN?

Audi A3 8L
1984cc stroker - E100 - ME7 wideband converted - 400whp target
Instagram: @a3stroker
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

canbus
_nameless

post your original file and i can swap it for you. i can find the bit to swap but i cant recall the name of it

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
dal

canbus

I made an test a few minutes ago. I unpluged the speed sensor harness on gearbox, and took a ride. No VS on cluster (expected), no VS on ECU (expected) and no VS on Climatronic too (channel 17 of diagnosis).
If climatronic sources VS from canbus, it should keep displaying VS. If my logic is right...
Another test I did, was set CWGGVFZG = 1 on the ECU, but no VS on ECU either.
What I can think is my ABS module is not connected to my car CAN or my car dont have CAN at all.

Audi A3 8L
dal

I just looked on eletrics schematics of my car on ElsaWin, and there is dedicated wire from cluster to climatronic for VS.
T32 (blue connector) pin 31 (speedometer output 2) on cluster to pin C8 on climatronic.

Audi A3 8L
_nameless

I just looked on eletrics schematics of my car on ElsaWin, and there is dedicated wire from cluster to climatronic for VS.
T32 (blue connector) pin 31 (speedometer output 2) on cluster to pin C8 on climatronic.

Swap bite 65 from 80 to 81 thatshould pickup speed from can for the cluster. Bit in ecu needs to go from 0 to 2 and thats speed from can on both

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
dal

Swap bite 65 from 80 to 81 thatshould pickup speed from can for the cluster. Bit in ecu needs to go from 0 to 2 and thats speed from can on both

Byte 65 on my cluster is 48. This trick of changing from 80 to 81 is only valid to MK4 GTI clusters. The A3 8L cluster is different Sad.
My cluster EEPROM is attached.

Audi A3 8L
macxxx

You can't change that in an a3 8l cluster - the only way to workaround is to connect analog speed signal from abs ( dedicated to navigation system if its mounted in the car ) to cluster in tbe place of the speed signal from gearbox
dal

You can't change that in an a3 8l cluster - the only way to workaround is to connect analog speed signal from abs ( dedicated to navigation system if its mounted in the car ) to cluster in tbe place of the speed signal from gearbox

Thanks for the response!
Do you know which PIN is this on the ABS module connector?

Audi A3 8L
macxxx

It depens what year and number of abs controller - i can check it in diagrams
dal

It depens what year and number of abs controller - i can check it in diagrams

Here in Brazil the 8L A3 was sold until 2006. My car is 2004. Its an ME7.5 narrowband (512kb), no VVT, engine code APP.
The car has only ASR, no ESP. ABS unit is MK60.

You said that the ABS module has an analog speed signal output. Do you have more details about this signal? 0-12v? From what I know, the gearbox speed sensor outputs to the cluster an "digital" signal. It pulses 7 times for every wheel rotation. So its like an square wave.

Audi A3 8L
macxxx

Its the same signal ,  I used it in a4 b5 or a6 c5 after gearbox swap witout a speed signal sender
dal

Its the same signal ,  I used it in a4 b5 or a6 c5 after gearbox swap witout a speed signal sender

I found some schematics of the MK60 abs unit.
Based on the information you provided, I found this 2 relevant pins:

T47/8 => Vehicles with navigation system only
T47/10 => Vehicles with navigation system only

These two pins must be signal and ground of the speed output right?

Audi A3 8L
macxxx

No , use one of them - its left rear wheel and left rear wheel ( look at rnsd pinout 26 pin connector )
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: