Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Fuel filter with 5 bar presure regulator?  (Read 6572 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2019, 03:52:01 PM »

I found that fuel injectors can hold up to 7 bar.

7 bar absolute? The FPR is the pressure ABOVE the mani pressure. If you are running 2.5bar boost and a 5bar FPR, thats 7.5 bar.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
BlackT

« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2019, 12:03:29 AM »

B6 use non return sistem. So the more boost, less presure on injectors.
If I use 6 bar FPR, at idle the injectors will take about 6.8bat pressure.

But that what you mention in return sistem. The pressure on injectors is always same as FPR. I must draw that, beacuse I cant expalin it
The body on injector will must hold a 7.5 bar, but diference betwen lower and upper side of injector is same as FPR. If you look at inside componts of injector

Imagine that the arow is a presure from manifold 1.5bar , and from other side we have 7 BAR. The wall of this sheel ( wall of injector in our case) will have 7 BAR, but the ball( internal componets od injector) will only hold the differnece 7-1.5= 5.5 BAR. So the injector flow will be rateted at 5.5 bar
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 12:37:06 AM by BlackT » Logged
BlackT

« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2019, 04:46:26 AM »

At the end i instaled fuel filter with 6BAR FPR.
Firs problem is that B7 fuel filter have 10 mm return valve hode, and B6 have 8 mm. So there is need to done some modifications. I use ruber hose to make that transtalion.
I started the car, and everthing was alright, then I try selveral times to squize return hose with my fingers, to check is there any pressure in it. That was  a huge mistake, becuse after i have sqiuzed the hose, my fuel pump start to make noise. It is still working but it make noise   Cry
To numbers

At idle i have 6.0 bar on fuel rail, testing at 13.2V and injectors full open, pressure drop to 5 bar
Fuel pump compust about 7 Apms

Do I recommend anyone to do this? NO... It is far more better idea to get bigger injectors. It is safer and at end it cost less

I am lucky beacuse i run my car on LPG, when I run on petrol, pump make noise and it is only a mather of time when it will fail. Not more safe car to drive on long trip

Here is a log with origianl 4 bar fpr vs 6 bar fpr
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2019, 09:46:04 AM »

B6 use non return sistem. So the more boost, less presure on injectors.
If I use 6 bar FPR, at idle the injectors will take about 6.8bat pressure.

But that what you mention in return sistem. The pressure on injectors is always same as FPR. I must draw that, beacuse I cant expalin it
The body on injector will must hold a 7.5 bar, but diference betwen lower and upper side of injector is same as FPR. If you look at inside componts of injector

Imagine that the arow is a presure from manifold 1.5bar , and from other side we have 7 BAR. The wall of this sheel ( wall of injector in our case) will have 7 BAR, but the ball( internal componets od injector) will only hold the differnece 7-1.5= 5.5 BAR. So the injector flow will be rateted at 5.5 bar

understood

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: