Pages: [1]
Author Topic: New ECU and New Cluster - B6 A4 Engine Swap  (Read 4127 times)
Koehn

« on: September 09, 2019, 11:43:18 PM »

Hey guys, total noob here, just trying to get my two systems working together.

EDIT: As a clear example of my total noobness, I've posted in the wrong area. If a mod could move this to Noob Questions that would be appreciated!

For reference, the car is a Canadian market 2005 A4 Avant 1.8T Quattro, that I've swapped in a european market AVF 1.9TDI engine in. The ECU and cluster are from different donors, but both are from B6's. I'm using a genuine Ross-Tech HEX+CAN cable. The VCP drivers were giving me a bunch of trouble (device kept showing up as "Other Device" with a missing driver after enabling "Load VCP" instead of in the Ports section) but I believe I have it working in COM2 now. When I switch to COM1 or COM3 it tells me they are already in use. I tried the FTDI drivers also but they didn't seem to change my luck.

I've already pulled the new cluster SKC using VAG EEPROM Programmer v1.19g, that went easy enough. Now I'm really struggling to get the ECU's SKC, it just keeps giving me the same error "rx: timeout" whenever I try to read the ECU EEPROM.

I also have a potentially sketchy copy of VAG K-CAN v3.6 that requires admin access and then throws up two error "open port failted" and windows and closes before I can even do anything. The Tester file for this is configured with both CAN and KWP on COM2. I also have version 1.4 but that seems to just open up and run in the background (pretty suspect IMO), and what seems to be VAGTacho 3.01 (all pulled from obdinnovations). I haven't tried the copy VAGTacho yet, I'll give it a shot tomorrow.

I basically just need to find a reliable way to gain access to my ECU's SKC so I can then go through VCDS adaptations. Or, if that's not possible, then advice on how to remove IMMO3 from the cluster in VAG EEPROM Programmer. Here's a link to the eeprom dump I just made as a backup for my TDI cluster (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1On9cMsahcG8cKg5YqBgn4DM2xZNhsWG9/view?usp=sharing)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 07:59:03 AM by Koehn » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: