Pages: [1]
Author Topic: EDC15P + RB4 Adaptation = System Not OK  (Read 3552 times)
Koehn

« on: September 10, 2019, 08:44:07 PM »

Hey everyone. I'm wrapping up my summer project of swapping a EU market 1.9TDI engine into my NA market 2005 A4 1.8TQ. Currently getting stuck on the adaptation between cluster and ecu. For reference, I'm using a genuine Ross-Tech HEX+CAN cable with their VCP drivers

Both the ECU and the cluster are new to me, and come from different donor cars. I pulled the cluster SKC with VAG EEPROM Programmer 1.19g, and then later got the ECU SKC with the help of VAG K_CAN Commander v2.5

Cluster SKC is 1240
ECU SKC is 8602

I followed the Ross-Tech instructions for new cluster adaptation:
Instruments-17, then Login-11 and entered 01240. Then I go into Adaptation-10, Channel 050 -> Read. The stored value is 32000. In the New Value field I enter in the ECU SKC (08602), click Test and then the fields up above show "System" "Not OK".

Here's the log from that:
Code:
Tuesday,10,September,2019,19:36:44:11715
VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64
VCDS Version: 19.6.1.0 (x64)
Data version: 20190529 DS308.0
www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: WAUZZZ8E02A161900   License Plate:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adaptation Channel 050:
Stored value 32000
Test value 32000
Immobilizer - Vehicle Data Learning
  System    
  Not OK    
  N/A  
  N/A  

I've tried this numerous times, it always ends the same way. Swapped batteries because mine was getting pretty drained and the result was the same. VCDS auto scan is absolutely ripe with codes mostly refering to insufficient voltage (this log was recorded on the swapped in battery, not the dying one btw).

Attached are the encrypted cluster eeprom dump, the ecu eeprom dump and the full VCDS auto-scan log.

My car has been out of commission for months, so I'm reeeeally looking forward to driving it again. I'd rather get the adaptation to stick, but if anyone can just delete the immo from my cluster dump, I'm willing to write that and go without an immobilizer until I can sort out the root issue!
adam-

« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2019, 05:17:31 AM »

Use cluster EERPOM to manually adapt ECU EEPROM and write back in bootmode.  VagDashDump should help you do this.
Koehn

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2019, 07:17:56 AM »

Thanks for the tip adam! I haven't yet heard of VagDashDump yet so I'll have to look into that

I had a couple big epiphanies right before going to bed last night:
1) I should try following the Ross-Tech instructions for swapping the ECU instead of the cluster and see if that works (is this similar to what you suggested adam?)

2) If this works and I get the diesel ecu and cluster adapted, they'll still have an IMMO ID that is different than my existing keys for this car, and thus I'll either need to get new keys (not ideal) or I'll still have to IMMO delete the ecu (also not ideal)

3) I still have my both the gas ecu & gas cluster from before completing the engine swap. So what's the best way to get that IMMO ID onto both my new diesel ecu and cluster? Do I unplug the diesel engine harness and hookup the gas one so I can adapt the diesel cluster to the gas ecu (which may likely result in System Not OK again), then swap engine harnesses again and adapt the diesel ecu to the diesel cluster (which would now have the gas IMMO ID?).

4) Or instead, can the diesel cluster eeprom be edited to have the same IMMO ID as the gas one (once I dump that) while still having the coding that makes it function as a diesel cluster? Then I'd go back to epiphany 1) and pair the diesel ecu to the diesel cluster and they'd both share my gasoline IMMO ID and everything would work hunky-dory. If this is the smartest route, then I'll very likely need someone who actually knows what they're doing to edit my files for me
macxxx

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 02:06:29 PM »

you should use new id48 immo capsules in your keys , if you don't want to use new ones then copy immo data from your 1.8t ecu to new diesel ecu and then adapt cluster to it
Koehn

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2019, 04:00:30 PM »

Thanks for the tip on the ID48 capsules, I was actually just trying to figure out which ones I’d need.

The second option you mentioned sounds ideal to me, but I’m afraid I’m not experienced enough to know how to go about that. The actual mechanics of the swap are more my wheelhouse and I’m just dipping my toes into the coding!  Is there a DIY anywhere you can link me to? Or if I post the dump files from the 1.8t ECU and cluster could someone make those changes for me?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: