Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Implementing McMess, already working but calling for ME7Logger logs.  (Read 5329 times)
fluke9

Hi together,

i wanted to use ME7Logger to log my ME7.3.1 on my Alfa 156 GTA but sadly there is no source to it and ME7Info cannot extract more than a few variables.
Also writeToMemory does not work as intended (not at all) on Fiat ME7.3.1 ECUs. dynamicallyDefineLocalIdentifer is also not available on all ME7.3.1.

So be it...
After implementing a whole KWP2000 Stack to find out this will not work out for me i decided to dig into McMess again and managed to read and write RAM just fine.
I can currently log 6 variables (2 bytes) at a frequency of about 20HZ, frequency gets lower the more variables are logged, but better than nothing.

I am also thinking of using the write ram of it and later use readDataByLocalIdentifier but have to find out if my binarys even contain support for it.

My McMess implementation is still quite rudimentary and i want the logger to be usable for others as well so it will end up on GitHub as soon as it is usable.

Therefore my call for Logs of ME7Logger, including defs and .ecu files please.
I want to replicate the parsers for these so one could use ME7Info or write there own definitions.
Why reinvent the wheel if the format is already quite good and we could use existing plotting applications.

prj

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2019, 05:07:29 AM »

ReadMemoryByAddress works on that ECU.
It's not fast but enough to read target lambda, actual, ignition retard, load etc... at least on the dyno.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
fluke9

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2019, 05:22:18 AM »

ReadMemoryByAddress works on that ECU.
It's not fast but enough to read target lambda, actual, ignition retard, load etc... at least on the dyno.

Yeah, i know that readMemoryByAddress works (besides some blocked regions like eeprom and immo), but McMess is actually faster, atleast in my implementation of both.
I still hope to be able to write the ddli with McMess and be able to readByLocalIdentifier.

Aiming to have some kind of "toolkit" which offers multiple ways to log.
What i can also do is read and write the EEPROM mirror using McMess, did not bother yet to try writing with correct checksums and see if gets copied in the afterrun after KL15 is off.

But i was able to change HW and SW number and see it in MultiEcuScan after connecting.

If getting it do dump the mirror to eep it would make it possible to virginize ecus without bootmode.

Blazius

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2019, 10:00:52 AM »

So what do you mean by "needing" me7logs and etc exactly?
fluke9

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2019, 11:35:24 AM »

So what do you mean by "needing" me7logs and etc exactly?

I just wanted some real live examples with valid .def .ecu and logfiles so i can mimic the output and maybe implement .ecu and .def parsing.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2019, 07:20:18 PM »

There are logs all over this site.

as for ecu files, you don't need to ask for them, just give me7logger a bin and run me7info on it.

http://files.s4wiki.com/stock/

Failing that:

http://files.s4wiki.com/ME7L-ecu/

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
fluke9

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2019, 04:52:57 AM »

as for ecu files, you don't need to ask for them, just give me7logger a bin and run me7info on it.
I know that, but i was somehow lazy to go and search for various bins for ecus i will never need, sorry for that ;-)

Perfect, thanks a lot.

Aside from that, small update:
Can read and write memory i want on various Alfa and Fiat ME7.3.1/ME3.1 images,
can read the whole the eeprom without bootmode, and write most pages, some are empty or unused and therefore not copied to the eeprom.

Currently working on a "stage1" which lets you specify variables in a simple format (memory location, size, conversion).
Will pursue me7logger compatibility later.

Hopefully i can clean it up and push to github soon if there is interest.

fluke9

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2019, 03:03:10 PM »

Got it running but had to patch a few patched bytes to allow up to 255 byte locations to be logged instead of 6, can happily read a lot of data at 2 x crankspeed (see hz)

Next thing is to wrap it up in a usable and configurable form and do an automated patcher...

« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 03:06:54 PM by fluke9 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: