Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Will ArgDub's EEPROM program run on a USB or just a dedicated COM port?  (Read 2512 times)
GolfSportWagen

When I drag the program into the open console it displays the help commands. No matter what commands I type including the exact ones reported by other folks or the samples in the help menu it tells me the commands are not recognized. I read some where on Nef that the program may only run on a COM port which does not exist on any of my PCs?
dilly

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2019, 07:03:10 PM »

When I drag the program into the open console it displays the help commands. No matter what commands I type including the exact ones reported by other folks or the samples in the help menu it tells me the commands are not recognized. I read some where on Nef that the program may only run on a COM port which does not exist on any of my PCs?
you have to shift + right click and open command window here and type the commands then
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 11:31:48 AM »

Good thing you posted a copy/paste of the command(s) you tried to run. If you got "command not recognized" this isn't a driver or cable problem. This is likely an issue of you not understanding how cmd.exe or command line programs work.

BTW please don't post a cellphone picture or a screen shot. Copy/paste the actual text from the cmd.exe box.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
GolfSportWagen

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 02:48:27 PM »

I've used cmd for about 30 years and learned PCs on DOS well before Windows existed.  Wink

I even used F5 to copy the exact command line used to open the help info. when I dragged the app into cmd and then I edited it to be sure I was accessing the folder where the ME7EEPROM program is located. I tried posted commands that have worked for other folks as well as the examples ArgDub listed in the help files. I can't be sure that I am even in boot mode which I understand is required to use this EEPROM tool. I show the extracted app to be 43 KB in size. Is that correct?

I realize that this stuff is trivial to those of you who are professionals or experienced programmers but sorting thru all of the inconsistent info. in the various threads and with the different ECU models is a significant challenge for anyone who does not have the expertise you possess. That is why you see so many Noob questions and frustration by forum members when the Noob guides which are greatly appreciated - don't work for specific applications such as mine and many newer ECUs.

It appears that there is some old guard here but that a lot of frequent posters from the past have left the forum. That's unfortunate because I expect there will be continued interest especially as the world changes to EVs and many people cling to older petrol or Diesel powered cars with the intent of modding them.

I appreciate the help and support provided by all as I try to get into this ME 7.1.1 ECU which I understand to be a hybrid and more difficult to crack than some other models. I had no issues at all with reading an ME 7.1 ECU.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 02:51:53 PM by GolfSportWagen » Logged
BlackT

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 11:37:25 PM »

It is not you ECU problem, first you must learnd how to start program, chose com port and so on,
yust copy text prom cmd, let's see what hapaening there
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: