Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: KFLF  (Read 17189 times)
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 12:33:03 PM »

If you change your MAF setup, your issue lies in GGHFM.

Just sayin' I think 99% of (non idle) fueling deviation issues are on cars with modified intakes ...

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
jibberjive

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 08:05:20 AM »

nyet's previous discussions have highlighted how KFLF / FKKVS are partially related, and thus the only way to maintain consistency is to pick one fueling repair methodology and exclusively change that map.  were you not to follow this, he believes that you'd run into a problem where changing one map requires changing the other map due to map-to-map co-interactions.  i'm writing this just to clarify;  i believe he is correct and i also think KFLF is the map to be selected.

this is because of the linear relationship we know:  fuel output = krkte * load + tvub       in other words, tvub should be sufficient to solve idle problems and if load is correctly scaled, krkte should handle the primary function as an accelerator pump, thus making WOT sufficiently fueled.  that means, if you use the LTFT centering method, your idle and WOT (open-loop) should be clean enough, leaving only part-throttle corrections necessary as would be done in KFLF...

(just some errata for those interested in the fine-tuning of me7...)    on this subject, i'm working on a matlab / excel process which will take raw log data and return the correctly interpolated KFLF correction table based on a mathematical model.  obviously you'd have to write that table, reflash the car, and again recenter TVUB and KRKTE.  this would be rinse, repeated, until fuel corrections are very low <generally speaking>, as can be seen by minimal STFT corrections during logging.
Wow, I missed this post. Very cool.
s5fourdoor

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 09:32:17 AM »

while reading other people's posts, i belive FKKVS might be the map to use instead of KFLF. regardless, the correct log data needs to be taken to match whichever table is used.  (obviously)
jooo

« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2013, 05:12:42 PM »

(just some errata for those interested in the fine-tuning of me7...)    on this subject, i'm working on a matlab / excel process which will take raw log data and return the correctly interpolated KFLF correction table based on a mathematical model.  obviously you'd have to write that table, reflash the car, and again recenter TVUB and KRKTE.  this would be rinse, repeated, until fuel corrections are very low <generally speaking>, as can be seen by minimal STFT corrections during logging.
Nehalem:
Did you finish this?
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: