Pages: [1]
Author Topic: noob  (Read 3776 times)
mat_culton

« on: November 22, 2019, 01:25:53 AM »

im brandnew to all of this lol,im trying to learn and kinda scared to be messing with my ecu, any help would be greatly apreciated. 02 mk IV jetta 3inch dp full exahust intake dv and mbc @10 psi stock eveything else trying to get close to 200 hp pls anyone that can lend a mind or helping thoughts towards this pls and thank you.
Blazius

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 06:23:52 AM »

Throw the MBC away.
mat_culton

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2019, 01:36:55 PM »

i would throw it away but the dumbass that had the car before me deleted the harness to the n75 valve so im stuck with this without a choice.. i bought the car for 200 without an ecu and had to start over. has a nice borla exhaust and apr dv and intake 550cc injectors and r8 coils, but stock other than a bunch of deletes, im not in a possition where i can drop the money for a tune and want to do this myself or with help im cluless on what to do. car has 6speed manual and all that, i bought it at an auction has 109,963 miles but someone stole the ecu that i know had ecs tune becase i found the info in car where it was done. just trying to have a nice drivable fast little car.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 02:52:11 PM »

Sorry, you're screwed. Pay to play. There is zero good possible outcomes here w/o a n75.

Not only that, but these cars are not cheap to maintain.

Flip the car and get something else.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
mat_culton

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 08:20:28 PM »

so i should get rid of my car all because someone deleated the n75 valve hmmmm, id rather replace the entire wiring harness then to sell the car,too much done to throw away, cars is in amazing shape with low miles. i dont mind paying if i have too, but isnt this site here for tuning? and my question was for someone to help guide me in tuning my ecu, ill figure out the wiring harness does suck that it was cut close to the loom and i have to dissasemble the harness to fix the issue, im just not computer savy and need a hand. so if the two peoples that have replied answer is to flip the car because im not in a position to drop a bunch of cash at the moment or would rather tune myself with help than wtf is the point of this site or discusion board?? this isnt my first car but is my first 1.8t. ive built 3 mk2 gti vrt big turbos on stand alone and bought this car because what has been done that i wouldnt have to spend a shit ton of cash to do myself. so that being said anyone want to help me tune my ecu or nah?
mat_culton

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2019, 08:59:36 PM »

so after searching threw the trunk of my car i found the n75j valve in a box along with about 11 inches of wire, solder and heatshrink later i now have it reinstalled car makes about 8.5 psi im assuming because replacement with stock ecu, now that that repair has been made my question still stands anyone willing to help me tune my ecu? or at least tell me where to start? also anyone want to maybe buy the air ride that i removed from this car, or the borbet 16x9 A types 5x100 that i took new tires in wheels hella stretch? not a look for me...
mat_culton

« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2019, 09:03:17 PM »

so after searching threw the trunk of my car i found the n75j valve in a box along with about 11 inches of wire, solder and heatshrink later i now have it reinstalled car makes about 8.5 psi im assuming because replacement with stock ecu, now that that repair has been made my question still stands anyone willing to help me tune my ecu? or at least tell me where to start? also anyone want to maybe buy the air ride that i removed from this car, or the borbet 16x9 A types 5x100 that i took off new tires on wheels hella stretched not a look for me...
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2019, 12:12:28 AM »

anyone willing to help me tune my ecu? or at least tell me where to start?

Read the noob stickies, read the items in my sig.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
mat_culton

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2019, 06:42:03 PM »

so ive read a bunch and still at a loss. bought ross tech cable booted in dmb mode nothing will connect drivers installed cant figure out anything, i feel ignorant as f&%$. also me7sum wont run thru cmd im at a total loss.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: