Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Vehicle speed signal Audi ME7.5 without CAN possible?  (Read 10681 times)
vwmaniac

« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2019, 07:31:24 AM »

most audi me7.5 ecus use can for speed signal. abs can> cluster (can gateway)> ecu   When an analog signal speed sensor> cluster> analog to ecu. the cluster can be cut out of these equations and Can can be run directly from abs module or signal directly from sensor to ecu. Also PRJ i have noticed that when speed signal at least analog is disconnected there are some adverse effects, seems to be part of the torque monitoring is effected. definitely not as smooth as with the sensor or speed feedback. here is a video to show the difference between a can ecu and an analog ecu https://youtu.be/8x-pMrDO4CI

maciek

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 08:13:08 AM »

Thanks for your input. Hope the "analog signal is possible" party is right. I'll have access to the car in two weeks. Oscilloscope and signal generator are available. I'll let you know.

Cheers,

Maciek
vwmaniac

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2019, 07:07:56 AM »

technically dont need a signal generator, if you pulse ground to pin 54 and follow speed signal on a scan tool you will see the speed come up just like in my video.
maciek

« Reply #18 on: December 25, 2019, 01:35:26 PM »

It works, thank you all :-)
My ecu detects the speed signal when I pulse ground to pin 54, as vwmaniac said.
All you need is two resistors to get a signal from the hall sensor at the gearbox and then with that signal pulse ground with a mosfet to pin 54.

Cheers,

Maciek
Scheitan

« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2022, 04:05:14 AM »

Does someone have more info how the wiring looks with a mosfet and ans hallsensor and ground?

Have same issue
nupustas

« Reply #20 on: July 09, 2022, 12:24:42 PM »

most audi me7.5 ecus use can for speed signal. abs can> cluster (can gateway)> ecu   When an analog signal speed sensor> cluster> analog to ecu. the cluster can be cut out of these equations and Can can be run directly from abs module or signal directly from sensor to ecu. Also PRJ i have noticed that when speed signal at least analog is disconnected there are some adverse effects, seems to be part of the torque monitoring is effected. [/b]definitely not as smooth as with the sensor or speed feedback. here is a video to show the difference between a can ecu and an analog ecu https://youtu.be/8x-pMrDO4CI

Hi,
im stucked with torque intervention and cant find problem. My car 1,8t+me7.5, but in old body(no abs, no speed sensor, no instrument cluster-just alone ECU). Rpm NMAX, NMAXOG 7200, NMAXF 7500, but i cant reach it due to throttle cut. Maybe this can be affected by unpluged speed sensor?
P.S. interpoltaing/tuning/leaving stock kfmirl/kfmiop doesnt help
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 12:33:23 PM by nupustas » Logged
BlackT

« Reply #21 on: July 09, 2022, 01:24:09 PM »

NMAXGA
nupustas

« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2022, 02:08:26 PM »

NMAXGA

THANKS  Smiley I spent a lot of time and fuel while logging, NMAXGA must be solution (tomorow ill try to log)

Should i change all fields in this map?
nupustas

« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2022, 10:51:52 PM »

Problem solved - it was not torque intervention, but just RPM limiter. Thanks BlackT for right direction.
Also while digging info about NMAXGA, desided adjust 2 additional maps: NMAXDV and NMADVG, especially when i have fault code in ecu "wrong speed sensor signal". After setting these 3 maps, i can finally rev up to new rpm limit
« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 11:07:24 PM by nupustas » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: