Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Imminent Death From Girlfriend - HELP!  (Read 4997 times)
torcity

« on: December 01, 2019, 04:27:27 PM »

So I wasn't paying attention and loaded a non checksummed file to my girlfriends ECU. Been a while, totally spaced it. Anyway, now I've been at it for days, boot mode flashed what I thought was an original file, tried eeprom bins, tried modifying eeprom and flash files for no crc checking, etc. I cannot get this stupid car to run for more than a day or two. We are not doing so hot as it is. She is gonna friggan kill me if this goes on any longer. I hate to be a leacher and ask for help on my first post, but I'm really at my wits end here and can't afford ecu fix, and can't even go to my original file without the imminent no start symptoms reapearing eventually. Please help me! if anyone could possibly ecufix my three files here, it gives me some options to flash, and would be much appreciated. if thats asking too much, then please if you could help me with just the FPR modded file that would be awesome. Thanks so much for your help.

PS have a "nochecksum" file there, wondering if I did the modification properly to remove crc checking from the software. Also, using Kess for bootmode(first time using), and just a crappy ftdi cable for after the fact flashing.

Regards,

Stewart Robb
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 04:33:17 PM »

1) why are you using ecufix and not me7sum?

2) why did you ignore the sticky (and rules) for this thread

3) if the original file (stock) doesn't work, there is something else wrong

4) none of those files have checksum errors
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 04:35:50 PM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
torcity

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 05:13:33 PM »

1) I've been using me7sum, but it does not seem to be fixing my issue. Ecu was possibly flashed before me, as it had a bit more juice than expected, and I've had 1.8t's before. That's my issue ya, checksums seem fine, but I notice that RSA offsets are not present. I thought ecufix turned off RSA checking, but I could be wrong. I could do it manually, but have failed to find a post with directions.

2) I'm sorry, I didn't mean to, I was in a rush (had to pick up my girlfriend in 5 minutes, thought it was correctly placed

3) car ran fine beforehand, so I don't know what else could be wrong, seems unlikely that there was an ecu failure, as I am good with electronics, so a silly mistake was likely not made. Possible I guess, why I'm begging for help lol

4) ecufix does turn off checking though no? I recall reading a post about how me7sum missed some errors

Thanks, should I delete this thread, and start a new one in the appropriate location? my apologies, I'm just very frantic at this point!
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 07:19:34 PM »

If me7sum can't find RSA signatures, it is likely that the file doesn't have RSA checking in the first place, and all of your checksum work is barking up the wrong tree. It is likely ECU flash checksums have nothing to do with the problem.

There is something else wrong with the car. Does the car have IMMO? If so, you should be looking at IMMO tools (ECU EEPROM and cluster EEPROM) and not ECU flashing tools.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
torcity

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 01:53:57 PM »

Correction! I used a corrupted original file I used CRC-32 to verify the files this time. So the car works fine on an original file, but any file modified from the original is non functional. I even tried modifying the actual original to make sure it wasn't the corruption based file that caused the issues. I have immo defeated immo2 on the eeprom, as well as used the crc checking removal method of modifying the ecu eeprom. It works fine now with the original, is there any other thing I may have missed? im sure there is lol. Thanks for the help, and sorry for the bad information of the start.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 03:04:00 PM »

Correction! I used a corrupted original file I used CRC-32 to verify the files this time. So the car works fine on an original file, but any file modified from the original is non functional.

If the files you posted above are representative of that, the issue is NOT checksums but something else in the file that you broke, since they all pass me7sum fine.

Also, I have no idea what you mean by "crc-32"... that simply doesn't mean anything in this context.

ECUx Plot

torcity

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 02:47:14 PM »

Okay, thanks a lot. CRC-32 is just a checksum of the entire file to verify it is the same as another file. It just alerted me to a difference in the actual original and a copy BIN I thought retained the exact same data but in fact did not.

Could I just flash another (Original to another same model number) 06A 906 032 DL file that uses a different XDF? then modify from there as a new base line?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2019, 03:01:42 PM »

Okay, thanks a lot. CRC-32 is just a checksum of the entire file to verify it is the same as another file. It just alerted me to a difference in the actual original and a copy BIN I thought retained the exact same data but in fact did not.
Got it. I use md5sum for this.

Could I just flash another (Original to another same model number) 06A 906 032 DL file that uses a different XDF? then modify from there as a new base line?

I don't get it. What DL would have a different XDF from your stock DL?

ECUx Plot

k0mpresd

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2019, 03:13:38 PM »

I don't get it. What DL would have a different XDF from your stock DL?

they do release multiple revisions with the same number.

032DL has at least 2 different revisions, 360227 and 354821.
the data offsets are not the same.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2019, 04:30:26 PM »

they do release multiple revisions with the same number.

032DL has at least 2 different revisions, 360227 and 354821.
the data offsets are not the same.

Whoa, never new that. Thanks for the info, and apologies for being snarky.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: