Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
Author Topic: 2000 Audi A4 1.8T ME7.5 K04-025 need a little help with start  (Read 49069 times)
K92

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2019, 01:11:14 PM »

until you get a bad batch Smiley
So it is a bad thing that i changed TABGBTS ? Original value was 850. I will log timing and load tomorrow. Main Question is, is it safe to drive like it is now ?
AFR 12.5 i took from stage 1 community project, as it was stated, it is safe and enough for small turbo.
prj

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2019, 04:34:54 AM »

So it is a bad thing that i changed TABGBTS ? Original value was 850. I will log timing and load tomorrow. Main Question is, is it safe to drive like it is now ?
AFR 12.5 i took from stage 1 community project, as it was stated, it is safe and enough for small turbo.

You need to read a little more about engine controls and don't believe what you read on forum.
With that lambda you can easily melt a 1.8T on autobahn even with a small turbo. Especially if you get a bad batch of gas.

I mean you can run it if you have BTS or ATR active. Sounds like you have neither, so ...

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
K92

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2019, 06:51:02 AM »

You need to read a little more about engine controls and don't believe what you read on forum.
With that lambda you can easily melt a 1.8T on autobahn even with a small turbo. Especially if you get a bad batch of gas.

I mean you can run it if you have BTS or ATR active. Sounds like you have neither, so ...

BTS will kick in if EGTs go over 999 . To be safe, would 11.8-12.00 afr be good ? I think i have misunderstood some things maybe. As in Stage 1 community project they want to stay out of BTS enrichment so that LAMFA table is used for fueling.  As i am learning right now, every opinion is valuable. Thank You
Richier afr should knock egts down a bit. Will log timings also.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 07:29:49 AM by K92 » Logged
prj

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2019, 09:13:54 AM »

BTS will kick in if EGTs go over 999 . To be safe, would 11.8-12.00 afr be good ? I think i have misunderstood some things maybe. As in Stage 1 community project they want to stay out of BTS enrichment so that LAMFA table is used for fueling.  As i am learning right now, every opinion is valuable. Thank You
Richier afr should knock egts down a bit. Will log timings also.

It is modeled EGT, you have changed a lot of things in the engine, do you really think it corresponds actual EGT?
Do you even know in your case which EGT it relates to? taikr? tabgm? 1000C in CAT is very different from 1000C in manifold.
1000C in manifold is engine close to death, 1000C in cat is molten cylinders.

Well hey, have fun. Maybe it kicks in that it isn't a computer game when you have to spend some money on engine rebuild Cheesy

Log your car properly.
K92

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2019, 10:17:13 AM »

It is modeled EGT, you have changed a lot of things in the engine, do you really think it corresponds actual EGT?
Do you even know in your case which EGT it relates to? taikr? tabgm? 1000C in CAT is very different from 1000C in manifold.
1000C in manifold is engine close to death, 1000C in cat is molten cylinders.

Well hey, have fun. Maybe it kicks in that it isn't a computer game when you have to spend some money on engine rebuild Cheesy
Well as i said, arrogant or not, every opinion is valuable to me, so thank you for input.
1. I know it is calculated EGT. Thats why i ordered Egt gauge.
2. It seems EGT relates to tabgm, as changes to tabgm effected the result.
3. I am learning from testing and from this forum. I dont drive on autobahn fullthrottle with test software.
4. Alot information has been taken from Stage 1 community project , where alot reputable people helped.
prj

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2019, 12:57:53 PM »

The "community" stuff on this forum is honestly not really something you would want to run.

I also recommend you look what the definition of tabgm is, and what happens to your engine if that were ever really to reach 1000C.

Log your car properly.
K92

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2019, 01:28:33 PM »

Had to log in 2nd gear today. If logged data is bad, please let me know.
I made Lamfa more rich and more smooth and returned TABGBTS to stock 850 .
Seems BTS is kicking in and injectors are maxed again.
Yet again, I appreciate this forum and all help. Not here to argue, but to learn.
FYI: Got 386cc injectors and 3bar FPR on shelve. But my goal is to get it right with hardware i have and then upgrade.
Thanks in advance.

K92

« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2019, 11:57:13 AM »

So i have decided to start from scratch.  I installed 386cc injectors and 3bar FPR
I copied also TVUB and KRKTE from BAM audi map. I have one question regarding Winols. When i copy values, why is winols correcting values to another number ? Even when i type them in they still change.
Anyway for starter i would need help diagnosing overbvoost situation. Engine Load Actual is also higher than Engine load requested.'
I also logged boost pid-s. But i am not quite sure what to look for.
Turbo : k04-025
« Last Edit: December 17, 2019, 12:10:08 PM by K92 » Logged
K92

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2019, 02:24:01 AM »

Log
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2019, 10:43:14 AM »

Looks good except for timing at peak torque and IMX. See if you can avoid single digits w/o knock intervention.

for IMX, it should be obvious from this what is wrong, you can decrease IMX or just have your req boost follow what is going on.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2019, 10:56:54 AM »

It runs, now it needs tuning.
I don't know why nyet says it "looks good". Looks like a stock file.
For tuning might want to additionally log fr_w, tats_w.

Need get rid of ignition oscillation, tune fuel request properly, linearize the pid...

Log your car properly.
K92

« Reply #26 on: December 20, 2019, 12:56:47 PM »

Made some changes to timing at peak load. Dont see any knocks. Made changes to LAMFA table.
Logged  fr_w, tats_w. as per pry suggestion. I am not quite sure how to get rid of oscillation. Need to do some research  Smiley
Log Attached.
K92

« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2019, 08:23:10 AM »

I have been reading quite a bit about IMX and i have compared some of the files. First i tried to copy RS4 IMX to my file. Result was huge overboost. I lowered then imx and got near my requested.
My question is, in RS4 file, for exmaple  in all columns all values are the same. For 1000hpa its 90% for 900hpa its 81% etc... In My file first 4 rows started with 95 in the middle 20-68 and at the end ~80 .
For single turbo car, is it for faster spool ? My qoal here is to understand this map and then start tuning boost as i understand if i add boost i need to calibrate IMX anyway .

« Last Edit: December 26, 2019, 08:27:16 AM by K92 » Logged
K92

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2020, 09:19:32 AM »

As noone have answered, i had to experiment by myself. For a start made at least 6 logs only changing IMX. At the end i got my requested boost follow my actual boost. As i wanted smooth boost line i was capped by IRL / IOP. So i used ME7 tuner wizard to rescale my IRL / IOP / KWZWOP/2 and set boost to 1bar.  Added some timing to peak torque, made lamda more rich. So far, car drives good. If someone could, please check my log, what could be done better.
Some questions also :
1) What is the limit TQ for stock AEB rods? I have heard 300NM from wheels and 400NM from wheels, thats why i am asking.
2) What is the limit ( g/s ) for stock AWM maf? As i myself think i have reached its max 180g-190g .
3) Have not yet understood how to get rid of ignition ocilliation.
4) Its seems that i need to buy new intercooler, as IAT are getting higher. ( I have AJL stock )
5) From the last log, it seems there is 1 knock. Should i try to add fuel or touch timing ?
Logs below

« Last Edit: January 04, 2020, 09:21:59 AM by K92 » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2020, 10:16:08 AM »

AEB rods are part number 027198401B which is found in many 058 blocks  including AEB and the strongest production 1.8t which is BFV and that has 240 hp and 320nm and that is with a spiky ko4. So that means it will take ATLEAST that with a proper tune. 058 rods are much stronger than the 19mm pin one because of the pin obviously and the bolts are pressed into the rod instead of being complete separate vs 06a blocks. I dont know why VAG went with weaker rods later on only to switch back to older ones on higher HP motors, prolly cause of costs or whatever.

Second is that Formula Palmer Audi ran 1.8T production engines in racing with a Garret T34 producing 300 hp and unkown torque. They had 1 engine failure from 1000 race starts according to David Ingram.

You can even squeeze out more if you open up the rings a tiny bit.

"An FPA car generates 300bhp from a 1.8-litre turbocharged Audi engine, which incorporates an overboost feature that increases power to 360bhp for an eight second burst. On the push of a button, each driver can call upon extra power to help complete a pass, or defend a challenge."

"We are excited about the future and proud that only once in over 1000 race starts has one of our 1.8T engines failed, despite producing over 300 bhp and remaining fundamentally standard". - David Ingram

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12
  Print  

Jump to: