Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The (unsolved) WOT shuddering issue  (Read 4524 times)
Integrated_20

« on: December 06, 2019, 12:52:04 AM »

I decided to just start a new post since it seems some of the people who were dealing with this issue have since sold their cars.. I've read all the post I have found on this subject and so far no one has dropped a concise answer that pinpoints the cause of this problem. I have been given much good advice of things to try to eliminate it but all have seemed to fail.
First off my car was always handling wot pulls with no problems reaching up too 230 load. Then one day this annoying shaking @wot started. I've tried to trace back to what I switched and the only thing I can think of is making the change to a mbox file on my 2000 abox ecu. I was told by a couple people who k now this platform more than I do that that wouldnt be the cause of this but something is telling me that because a 2000 doesnt come with ASR/ESP that there's some kind of interference/fuckery going on here being that a mbox file has traction control embedded into it and my 2000 does not. Now this is just speculation so please someone prove me wrong so I can effectively eliminate this thought in the back of my mind. or just lead me to a solution because I really would like to know when I smash it I can feel the torque without being interrupted by my car turning into a vibrator

fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 06:54:32 AM »

Coils
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 12:10:39 PM »

log misfires.

Don't guess.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Integrated_20

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2019, 05:31:55 PM »

log misfires.

Don't guess.

Can you tell me exactly which other tq variables to log so I can go ahead and add them to ME7logger file?
Integrated_20

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2019, 05:34:42 PM »

Coils

Its possible because when I changed them last week the problem did go away for a sec. I did pull my plugs to check the gap and the coils twice since them and they look 100% fine. Plugs are Gapped @28 and coils seem to be fine
Integrated_20

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2019, 05:40:21 PM »

I always log misfires but I dont see any on wot pulls. There are some around idle...? I want to go out and do some logging now but its raining pretty hard here and my front tires are about to see metal if they havent already lol.

I did read someones post on here where they were talking about the car misfiring during wot pulls but they werent registering in the logs for some reason. Not sure what to think about that
Integrated_20

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2019, 06:43:26 PM »

What is the function of WPEDU ?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2019, 10:56:20 AM »

Don't even think about asking about specific FR functions until you have a way of logging things.

DO NOT MAKE RANDOM CHANGES until you can get meaningful logs.

If you are having shuddering issues, its generally

1) misfires
2) ARMD
3) torque intervention
4) accel pedal potentiometer
5) signal noise/bad grounds from other sensors (eg. MAF, pressure, etc).

If you are running an MBOX but on a non-ESP ABS module, make sure your coding is right. That part is simple, you should not be seeing ESP intervention, period. Regardless, ESP/ASR should not be causing bucking under any circumstances
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 10:59:40 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Integrated_20

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2019, 10:32:07 PM »

Happy to report back That there was one thing I found in the file = WPEDU was zeroed and I'm not sure why. I had previously upped the last line in KFDMDARO & KFDMDADP along with raising KIFZGHG to no avail. But as soon as I changed WPEDU back to its previous value I was just able to do 3 hard back to back runs hitting 225 load in 2nd and 3rd gear with no shuttering at all. Now I don't want to get too excited but I feel like this might have finally eliminated the problem.
WAS WPEDU being at zero Fu@%ing me?   Embarrassed
Integrated_20

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2019, 10:35:54 PM »

As far as the logging goes I did add all the torque variables I could find to my logging file last night. I just wasnt sure which ones were top priority to log
Integrated_20

« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2019, 06:49:15 PM »

Ok so I'm happy to report back that I finally solved my issue. So turns out it had nothing to do with ARMD or torque intervention. I was doing a boost leak test on my car for the 5th time almost ready to throw in the towel and give up on my car and resign to the fact that for the rest of the time with this car I'd be making maybe 150whp. As I was doing the bubble spray some of the spray just happened to drip down to my intake manifold which I didnt even think to check. I noticed bubbles coming out from the gasket area. put some liquid gasket on it, let it sit for a few hrs and went to go do a pull. Finally the car took off and broke lose my bald ass tires which I havent cared to fix because of this problem.

Load is back up to 228 and everything looks good in my logs now. Let me just say after a few months of chasing this problem it just reinforces the neccesity to be 100% thorough while diagnosing things like this. I thought I was being thorough but I guess lesson learned. Hope this helps anyone dealing with something like this.

Now on to enjoying this car untill the next problem arises! God I hope I just get 2 months of trouble free driving
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: