Pages: [1]
Author Topic: immo off - can i swap chip to ecm i'm capable of putting into bootmode & reading  (Read 2521 times)
simple2me

Was writing a file to ecm and it hung up so it never completed.   Flash counter shows 1 attempt and 0 completed. How the hell do I get this thing in boot mode? Read it is best to pull 29f800 chip and 95160 chip off and flash them off the board. Is that the only option? This is a twin ecm setup so I have another ecm that has good information on it.

update: I have 2 sets of W12 ecm's, ori set is c167 cpu and spare set I had immo off'd is st10 cpu. one of the immo off'd ecm's hung up while flashing so that was the reason for this post.  I figured I should just go with the ori ecms but not having any luck getting into bootmode for reading the eeprom. I have another ecm with 95P08 eeprom for D3 4.2 engine that I've successfully put in bootmode and read the eeprom and flashed back. can anyone confirm if the file is correct and immo is off? I'd like to swap the eeprom chips from the 2 w12 ecms to the d3.4.2 ecm and read/flash if possible. is that safe?? 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 06:16:57 AM by simple2me » Logged
simple2me

file after immo off. does this look correct?
simple2me

finally got the me7eeprom tool to work on the original ecms. not sure why it wouldn't work before but I was able to get a read of the eeprom FINALLY.  now I need to immo off the file and do the 2nd ecm.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 09:54:15 AM by simple2me » Logged
simple2me

Good to go! Both ECM's immo off'd. Now to figure out why my master ecm isn't triggering injectors. seems like cam sensor or wiring.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: