Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MMI, AMI, VIM....  (Read 4428 times)
phila_dot

« on: March 26, 2012, 10:31:17 PM »

I just traded my 2007 A4 2.0t for a 2007 Q7 4.2 and I am trying to get as much information as possible about the various on board systems. It has MMI, navigation, bluetooth, and the full parking package. I spent some time yesterday trying to determine if it is equipped with AMI (Audi Music Interface) and I have concluded that it isn't. Now, I am researching retrofitting it.

Does anyone know how to determine which MMI version is installed?
The MMI controller doesn't have a joystick on it, it is just a dial and button. I believe this makes it MMI g2, but I am not positive.

What are the pro/cons of OEM AMI retrofit versus aftermarket solutions (Dension)?

I cross referenced the only OEM retrofit part number list that I could find on GAP and most parts couldn't be found. Can anyone provide a good part number list?

I am also trying to determine if my system supports VIM (video in motion) for watching TV or DVD's on the MMI.

Also, there is a strange connector in the small compartment in the center console (armrest). It looks like an old cell phone would snap into it. Anyone know what this is?

Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: