Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2.7t Emissions softcoding  (Read 5654 times)
Kristopher

« on: March 27, 2012, 03:23:40 PM »

I'm not sure what to make of this engine coding page on Ross-Tech. In particular the Emissions component (??xxx).

Would changing ??xxx from 06 or 07 (US LEV) to 25, 26, or 27 (other countries) possibly have an effect on whether or not on the EGT sensors, the EGR, other mapping?

I've been scratching my head for the past two hours trying to come up with something. In the off chance the EGTs might be ignored for emissions reasons it might be a neat work-around for dead EGTs w/o flashing
spinningpedals

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 06:37:05 PM »

I too am curious about this, my thoughts are that switching to Mexico or Africa may grouped into the countries that may have sub par emissions. I haven't had the time to try this out. I've removed the egr valves, capped them off and removed the aux air pump.
So I have an insufficient flow for both banks 1 and 2.( I have an 2.7t in my allroad).
diagnosticator

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 07:27:01 AM »

Removing the SAI system is pointless. It does not effect engine output, and is only active at cold start up. Removing the SAI provides nothing except CEL ON. Coding the ECU with a different emissions  coding, just loosens the control parameters, and allows for wider variation in the emissions as controlled by the 02 sensors and cat efficiency.
prj

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 09:45:55 AM »

Removing the SAI system is pointless. It does not effect engine output, and is only active at cold start up. Removing the SAI provides nothing except CEL ON. Coding the ECU with a different emissions  coding, just loosens the control parameters, and allows for wider variation in the emissions as controlled by the 02 sensors and cat efficiency.

Removing the SAI logic and cat heating prevents the ECU from dumping tons of fuel down your bores on every cold start, which in the long run is beneficial to the life of the engine.
It also noticeably reduces fuel consumption if you are doing a lot of short trips.

Other than that, the pump and kombi valves tend to fail and their replacement is expensive.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: