Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
Author Topic: DSG DQ500  (Read 32465 times)
IamwhoIam

« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2020, 10:45:43 AM »

yes, but this is a differnd point:
You are right, upshift will be unconfortable, if you don´t react on torque-interventions, but it is not a "must". DCT will "shoot" the clutch and synchronisation will be done by force. Unconfortable to workable and "fast" under full-throttle

During torque-handover there is not torque intervention.

So if kenneth26r has only problems during torque-handover, as he worte, it makes not difference if the ECU will not reakt to torque-interventions or not  Grin

But I think, are a "some" additional problems to fix Wink

Dude, take it from some people with a little more experience on R32T and DQ500s, if the ECU is coded for manual only, it WILL upshift like a bag of shit.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
prj

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2020, 11:36:58 AM »

yes, but this is a differnd point:
You are right, upshift will be unconfortable, if you don´t react on torque-interventions, but it is not a "must".
Yes it is a must, it won't ever shift properly because there will not be enough pressure at WOT to hold the clutch and ramp down the RPM without slipping. It will simply exceed the physical limitation of the gearbox.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
jochen_145

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2020, 12:38:41 PM »

Dude, take it from some people with a little more experience on R32T and DQ500s, if the ECU is coded for manual only, it WILL upshift like a bag of shit.

What is the difference between uncomfortable and "a bag of shit" ?!

At the end, it will upshift, doesn´t matter of quallity, but it will !
"promisted"
(I worte the same Wink )

Yes it is a must, it won't ever shift properly because there will not be enough pressure at WOT to hold the clutch and ramp down the RPM without slipping. It will simply exceed the physical limitation of the gearbox
Not true:
every DCT has enough pressure to shoot the clutch and drag the engine speed down as long if the clutches can handle the input torque at all.

It is a MUST defined by Level2-security of DCT!
Maximum useable pressure of DCT is NOT used for torque-follow, it is just used for shoot-clutch to drag engine speed down in case of no responce of troque-decrease request.

Ones again:
this upshift will work, but is quite unconfortable, but it will work !
prj

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2020, 01:14:58 PM »

every DCT has enough pressure to shoot the clutch and drag the engine speed down as long if the clutches can handle the input torque at all.
DSG shift is not instantly release offgoing clutch and ramp incoming to max, they are both applied simultaneously, ongoing is faded in, offgoing is faded out.
If offgoing clutch is still dragging at that point (überschneidung), then without torque reduction it will not shift until the offgoing clutch is fully released, there is not enough pressure physically on ongoing to fight offgoing + overcome engine max tq, especially if it is high.
Your pump is making a certain amount of pressure, even if the solenoid valve is fully open you can never ever exceed the base pressure.

So no, no shift will happen until the first clutch is fully released!
At this point this is not anymore normal shift progress and the DSG at least on VAG will usually go into limp mode. What you are describing is extreme edge case, it's not relevant here.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 01:18:55 PM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
jochen_145

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2020, 02:59:45 PM »

DSG shift is not instantly release offgoing clutch and ramp incoming to max, they are both applied simultaneously, ongoing is faded in, offgoing is faded out.

At fast-torque-handover (schnelle Überschneidung), DCT will.
Only in normal torque-handover both clutches simultanous fade.These are two differend "normal" modes of torque-handover.

If offgoing clutch is still dragging at that point (überschneidung), then without torque reduction it will not shift until the offgoing clutch is fully released, there is not enough pressure physically on ongoing to fight offgoing + overcome engine max tq, especially if it is high.
Not,  there is NO torque-intervention during torque-handover. Torque-intervention is only in synchronisation activ.
The shift itself is allready completed, when torque-handover is done and the ongoing clutch will carry the engine torque.
I think you are now mismatch "shifting" though the differnd phases of a shift process.

When ongoing clutch will takeover the complete engine torque, clutch is still slipping.
To stop now slipping, you can overshoot the clutch or decrease engine torque by request.
But this is synchronisation, the last phase of "shifting"

Of cause there is enough pressure for ongoing clutch to fight against offgoing.
Is status is called "bracing", because is braces both shafts to eatch other.
You can feel or measure it when decreasing vehicle acceleration during torque-handover.
The goal is, not to brace the gearbox during torque-handover and have a smoose torque-handover.

Just calculate the summe of offgoing- and ongoing clutch during torque-handover and you will see how often summe of clutch capacities is higher the engine torque. In this case you are bracing the gearbox and decrease engine speed because, engine torque is lower then torque of the two clutches.

Your pump is making a certain amount of pressure, even if the solenoid valve is fully open you can never ever exceed the base pressure.
Right, but the complete base pressure is not used at the clutch for torqueflow and maxium allowed input torque. So you have still a amound of pressue to "overshoot" the clutch.
Just exactly for shoot the clutch (or overshoot) when torque decrease is not taken over by ECU and DCT will forced decrease engine speed to actual shaft speed.

This is level2 security of DCT and a MUST by FUSI.

So no, no shift will happen until the first clutch is fully released!
Defintion of "shift" is this case is incorrect. Synchronisation will not start until torque-handover is not finished. This is correct.

At this point this is not anymore normal shift progress and the DSG at least on VAG will usually go into limp mode. What you are describing is extreme edge case, it's not relevant here.

Not true:
to shoot clutch will allways happend the engine speed decrease is too low or engine is not synchron is allowed synchron time.
This is normal behaviour of DCT and will not give any DTC or limp home.

Every Engine-Powered-Upshift (Zwischengas-Rückschaltung) will end with a overshoot of clutch at DQ250/DQ381/DQ500 and others too
Also  shiftmode "AMax" or "fast-torque-handover" (minimal overall shift time, used e.g. at speedlimiter or AMax detection) will just instand open offgoing clutch and parallel overshoot ongoing clutch to use inertior energy of engine to increase acceleration during shift.

Short summery of this discussion:
overshooting clutches is allways used at DCT, when engine speed will not synchronice to shaft speed and engine-torque-decrease-request is not enough or is not take over by ECU.

So:
it is possible to upshift without torque-interventions.
That meens that a manual ECU, witch does not care about gearbox interventions will also work, but you will have a lot vibrations and bad shifting.
But at the end, it will work!

Of cause, it is no goal to run a vehicle like this, but ones a gain it is possible by DCT.

Now we can go back to the problem of the topic Smiley
prj

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 02:11:22 AM »

Right, but the complete base pressure is not used at the clutch for torqueflow and maxium allowed input torque. So you have still a amound of pressue to "overshoot" the clutch.
This is only if you are running gearbox within operating specifications.
If you are running more than the stock torque capability of the gearbox, this is not always true.
In case of DQ500 here, yes it will have enough, it is specified for 700nm stock.

But if you run 600 Nm on stock clutches of DQ250 then this is not true anymore. No torque intervention and it won't shift at all.

Also if you try to disable torque intervention completely on DQ250 (it is possible via some switches), then the shift will be mega slow, even on cars that do not make a lot of torque.
And you can see that the pressure is ramped to max, but it takes a very long time to synchronize the RPM.

So your theory is good, your actual practice is lacking.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 02:17:28 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
jochen_145

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 03:17:57 AM »

This is only if you are running gearbox within operating specifications.
If you are running more than the stock torque capability of the gearbox, this is not always true.
If you are running DCT out of stock troque capabiltiy, you MUST extend application to be able to run with the input troque. If not, complete security functions will be off and shift abilitiy and qualitiy is done. You SHOUD not do his in any way, if you want to have a more or less relaible systems

But if you run 600 Nm on stock clutches of DQ250 then this is not true anymore. No torque intervention and it won't shift at all.
Running 600Nm on DQ250 will not work with original clutches. Extending pressure to max will not be able to keep somehow 500Nm but at least not 600Nm ( tested on benech more then one time Wink )
Using clutches with other friction will need an customized torque-to-pressure so it DCT at the will run like stock, but with more torque capacity.
If you do differend, you do not unterstand DCT operation in compleate

Also if you try to disable torque intervention completely on DQ250 (it is possible via some switches), then the shift will be mega slow, even on cars that do not make a lot of torque.
And you can see that the pressure is ramped to max, but it takes a very long time to synchronize the RPM
Depenting on application, but as you worte it work. As long, as clutch capacity is any bigger than engine torque, you can drag engine speed down, then it´s slipping. Physical laws Wink
That´s what I am talking about. Not more, not less Smiley

So your theory is good, your actual practice is lacking.
Visa-verse:
"My theorie" is practice, working in DQ-Software. Take a deep looking into it ..
Your practice seem to be try-and-error, but not based on software conditions of DQ250/DQ500

You are tuner, I am .... Wink

And now stop this discussion and do not let us make an argument of it:

I know, what I am doing, you seem too on your quatity level.
But both are differend, based on condition of work

Khendal

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 04:22:40 AM »

...And now stop this discussion and do not let us make an argument of it:

No...please don't stop talking ...because it's much interesting "listen" what both of you have to say... there are lack of documentations about these arguments... Cry
kenneth26r

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 04:42:03 AM »

I'm researching and testing. You have commented several things.

It's important, if it's set for manual trans it will ignore torque intervention and it will try to shift at full torque...

The ecu is configured for automatic trans ... this is not the problem.

I would like to share two videos.
In them you can see the difference with which I try to explain.

In the first video, it slides a bit. In my case, it's more than in the video.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3sLSeWoZcS/?igshid=93es6zb4jni7

In the second, there is almost no slippage.
https://www.instagram.com/p/35mt2bShso/?igshid=ds7hp348piu4
prj

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2020, 05:05:19 AM »

IRunning 600Nm on DQ250 will not work with original clutches. Extending pressure to max will not be able to keep somehow 500Nm but at least not 600Nm ( tested on benech more then one time Wink )
Yes it will work, but you need to either patch the code, to bypass in-code clutch limit or force wrong adaptation, but then you always have too much pressure even when not needed. Both ways it works, tested many times.
Think about how pressure is calculated from ikp0/1 and this is how you can make the hack. Correct solution is something like 5120 mod for ECU, but for clutch torque.

DQ250 main pressure is 20 bar, and you hit in-code limitation far far far before that.

Using clutches with other friction will need an customized torque-to-pressure so it DCT at the will run like stock, but with more torque capacity.
For someone who allegedly knows so much, you do not even know that there is no torque to pressure in VAG DSG?
It is friction coefficient -> ikp adaptation -> microslip controller.
And for microslip controller I is feedforward from torque essentially, this is why correct torque is so important to report. After that you have code limitation for clutch torque at 500nm on DQ250. No such problem on DL501 or DQ500.
Torque to pressure is a straight line between ikp0 (kiss point) and ikp1 (200nm), which you can not adjust, it is determined during adaptation - nothing to "customize" there.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 05:32:29 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
prj

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2020, 05:06:10 AM »

I'm researching and testing. You have commented several things.

The ecu is configured for automatic trans ... this is not the problem.

I would like to share two videos.
In them you can see the difference with which I try to explain.

In the first video, it slides a bit. In my case, it's more than in the video.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3sLSeWoZcS/?igshid=93es6zb4jni7

In the second, there is almost no slippage.
https://www.instagram.com/p/35mt2bShso/?igshid=ds7hp348piu4

Your torque reported from engine is wrong, as was said.
You are running 600nm, what are you reporting to gearbox? 350nm probably. Log the torque instead of posting useless video.
So fix your engine software to report correct torque and the gearbox will shift smooth like butter without any slipping.

There is no way to make a VAG DSG shift properly if you do not have linear reported torque compared to actual gearbox input torque. You will either have bad shift quality at low torque or you will have bad shift quality at high torque.
PDK has an offset correction map for clutch pressure based on input torque that makes this a non-issue, but I am not aware of a such thing in VAG DSG.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2020, 05:17:37 AM by prj » Logged

Log your car properly.
kenneth26r

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2020, 08:06:40 AM »

Your torque reported from engine is wrong, as was said.
You are running 600nm, what are you reporting to gearbox? 350nm probably. Log the torque instead of posting useless video.
So fix your engine software to report correct torque and the gearbox will shift smooth like butter without any slipping.

I had mounted the DSG DQ250 before and it worked without problems with that torque

Are you telling me that the ecu tuned by HGP-Turbo is wrong?
prj

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2020, 08:50:08 AM »

I had mounted the DSG DQ250 before and it worked without problems with that torque

Are you telling me that the ecu tuned by HGP-Turbo is wrong?

Post logs of engine torque from DQ500 gearbox WOT in 3rd or 4th gear.

If the torque is not correct, then your ECU tune had underscaled torque and your DQ250 had fudged pressure adaptation values.

There is so much bullshit chat about nothing.
Post logs or stop posting.

Log your car properly.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2020, 02:59:20 PM »

Running 600Nm on DQ250 will not work with original clutches. Extending pressure to max will not be able to keep somehow 500Nm but at least not 600Nm ( tested on benech more then one time Wink )
If you do differend, you do not unterstand DCT operation in compleate
Depenting on application, but as you worte it work. As long, as clutch capacity is any bigger than engine torque, you can drag engine speed down, then it´s slipping. Physical laws Wink

Jochen, you're a knowledgeable and funny guy, und ich habe schon deine beitraege irgendwo anders gelesen.

BUT in the case of DQ250 you clearly have no clue what you're talking about. I have probably over 1000 cars running over 600Nm on stock DQ250 clutches, and at least 50 of them making in the vicinity of 750 to 780Nm of real clutch torque on STOCK clutches.

There are code limitations (which prj has mentioned too, weird, huh?) to overcome before you try to run over 500Nm on stock DQ250 clutches, and because you are "....." you are exactly proving my point about not being aware of the WHOLE picture Smiley

So please, stop insulting your own intelligence by making such bold statements, just because you are "...." (starts with an "A" finishes with an "R") and because you think you know it all, when in fact you don't really. As I said before, I value your input on most of the threads, because yes you have that "...." approach, but you're lacking hands on experience in extreme cases that were never factored in by the OEMs.

LG

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
RBPE

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2020, 03:05:20 PM »

Back on point to the R32T owning OP...........

If you've looked at your flash and you find things like iop/irl or the load axis changed or stock that'll generally give you an understanding on the strategy used, although some will mix and match and f**k it up somewhat!

Yes your flash data may look like it has stock torque figures, but it just means air/fuel scaling is done more alongside the usual ambient/pressure sensor (or lack of) changes like dk/vacuum/throttle reset, plus rl/bgmszs/open/closed loop & exhaust gas temp aspects applicable for modelling amogst others. In short, your flash data changes should start to match up to the Bosch strategy attached below with some data interpretation mods that I've just mentioned.

As it is very much applicable to both tuning and regarding your DSG (it's all maths/logic & data interpretation), your 250 box has a number of changes based on what they've done - best bet 1st then is to reverse it against a stock one to see, then integrate the changes (or thereabouts seeing as it's simple maths/logic changes in data and a factor change can have the same influence as a few map changes), into the 500 box as a base for the logic. Then any further changes mentioned, gears etc after.

Start with nmot as a base in reversing/learning changes on your file seeing as it's a fundamental principle of both ecu/tcu operations and as below strat dictates - the tune will soon make sense!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: