Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How to find ESKONF on a me7.1.1G (022906032EG)  (Read 10329 times)
ARJ0019

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2020, 11:57:32 AM »

They're exactly in the place shown 2 posts above.

yep, your right. I'm just blind. I couldn't find it in hex, so I started looking in binary and found what looked to be it but I couldn't confirm it. Forgot that I could just put it back in hex and compare it to yours. Now I just need to save it as a map/parameter (winols dosen't seem to like that I want to do that, but ill figure it out). Thanks for the help.

Not sure why people are down voting you. All you have done is help.
RBPE

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2020, 12:08:11 PM »

yep, your right. I'm just blind. I couldn't find it in hex, so I started looking in binary and found what looked to be it but I couldn't confirm it. Forgot that I could just put it back in hex and compare it to yours. Now I just need to save it as a map/parameter (winols dosen't seem to like that I want to do that, but ill figure it out). Thanks for the help.

Not sure why people are down voting you. All you have done is help.

Go into the "definition files" area, get the mk4 R32 ols/damos (022906032CN) - put it next to yours to pick out the functions "et voila!" - shed loads of functions on your ecu!
ARJ0019

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2020, 12:31:41 PM »

Go into the "definition files" area, get the mk4 R32 ols/damos (022906032CN) - put it next to yours to pick out the functions "et voila!" - shed loads of functions on your ecu!

Not sure what you mean by this. Your saying I should compare my definitions to theirs? I found the file you mentioned, pulled the map pack from it just to check and used it with the 022906032EG file. The map definition from 022906032CN were very wrong for fuel on 022906032EG. Not sure why all the definitions for the mk4 r32 are different. I wish I could just find one that worked (I think the one I was using before is still my best chance). I know what I need to change in my ecu, I just need a definition so I can change the values and be confident that they are labeled right.
RBPE

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2020, 09:57:43 AM »

Not sure what you mean by this. Your saying I should compare my definitions to theirs? I found the file you mentioned, pulled the map pack from it just to check and used it with the 022906032EG file. The map definition from 022906032CN were very wrong for fuel on 022906032EG. Not sure why all the definitions for the mk4 r32 are different. I wish I could just find one that worked (I think the one I was using before is still my best chance). I know what I need to change in my ecu, I just need a definition so I can change the values and be confident that they are labeled right.

Re-visit the file I put up on post #4 and the screen shot on #10 as well as the R32 file (032CN I'm guessing) you posted on another thread for def.

In #4 file you can see the code for ESKONF on various VR6/V6/R32 files - you can see some hex values are the same (C0, FF etc) and some are different - this is just showing that the output stage configuration (i.e. what parts the car has for correlation) are a bit different in places - I added Marty's screenshot of what they represent in there to make config easier to understand.

So when I put it next to the 032CN def file to look for addresses to save time (post #10) - next to your's or the EG file which is the same as your's as there are a lot less variations on ME711, then I'm not looking for a complete code, I'm looking for tracer markers I'm used to - or hex values around the area I'm used to looking for via years of practice. 14 02 I think were highlighted in green to add as a marker, or as said - KFKHFM on the def file to make it easier to get near ESKONF on these.

So you're not looking for an exact ESKONF, you're looking for a similar string that are either identical or very similar like the pictures in those posts representing the configuration of the vehicle - configuration or what the cars have depends on the market, different parts added to different cars in the International Market, in short different set ups based on the legislation/4WD v FWD UK/Euro v US etc set ups of the cars.

As there are only a few variations of these ecu/models compared to some, it's actually easier to pick things out than others like I've shown in this instance - but you still need to look for the patterns. You'll notice all my screenshots are 8bit FF as I just stuck with that to see the patterns shown when there was a lot less def files about so that's how I pick them out if necessary - I know the rough location and rough pattern of hex values (plus about 100 different ME711 def files I made/adjusted as data became more readily available on the net).

So - use the CN def file to look for patterns, ask some if they look right if need be after you've done a bit of tracking these hex values and we'll help, or as this takes a lot of practice and time to get used to, pay someone to make you a def file for tracking these values if need be.

So, don't look directly above KFKHFM - look for the hex value patterns and that's how you manually do it with limited resources and not coming from a coding background - takes a while to get used to though!

EDIT: Here's the definition file links for ME711, for you lot looking into this because I'm kind like that and will save you fannying about trying to find them!

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=12223.0title=

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=15220.0title=

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=14575.0title=

Enjoy the best resources on the net!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 04:41:27 PM by RBPE » Logged
daffe

« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2020, 11:10:48 AM »

thanks for links and conseils. i need to read that and compare it with waht i need. if it nedeed, i will pay your your help in this case.but let try Something. Wink
RBPE

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2020, 04:40:15 AM »

thanks for links and conseils. i need to read that and compare it with waht i need. if it nedeed, i will pay your your help in this case.but let try Something. Wink

The 032CN def file is there so you have the whole file to play with and can make the changes you need. Also I'm not doing commercial at the moment either so I'm not accepting any work, too much to do, sorry!
_nameless

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2020, 06:03:15 AM »

if you cant find it still pm me i can help

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: