Pages: [1]
Author Topic: KFKEF and RKRMXN final answer  (Read 2179 times)
curamrdan

« on: March 22, 2020, 04:37:44 AM »

Hi, it was fewtimes touched here, but i never find final noob answer.
The KFKEFx and RKRMXxN  maps. In every files i saw, where these tables was altered, the KFKEF is somehow rised, sometimes with RKRMX also.

The RKRMX is "Maximum reference level for knock detection threshold" , so therefore i assuming, higher numbers means higher treshold for detection. I used it that way.

Never touched KFKEF, but read from PRJ, are coefficients which tell the maximum permissible deviation from the base levels(base levels = reference level= RKRMX?).
According this sentence, higher numbers resulting also in higher treshold for knock detection?

So if i want to numb a knock control on all cylinders i can rise one or both set of these tables, but these are not same, which one is first to touch?

If i want numb control just on one cylinder i may rise just KFKEF on concrete cylinder, and better just on the highest load row/column, right?

Its possible to log somehow the "tresholds" or its just trial and error comparing CF vs external knock sense device?

What is your way, if you decide to touch these maps, which one first ect...?

thank you
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2020, 06:13:51 AM »

I'm usually raise kfkef about 5-10% all the way (fr says the values should not exceed 3.3 )
It's not a science way but we have a lot engines with good mileage on that tunes without any knocking issues so no problem with that and imo stock values pretty conservative and can be safely rised a bit
Also there is a few cars running with 10% tweak and 2+ bar boost here pretty fine
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: