Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ME9 Coldstart Idle Target  (Read 3328 times)
bamofo

« on: March 24, 2020, 11:58:04 AM »

Sorry for my ignorance but it seems like my q7 has a high idle target on Cold start that doesnt NLLMG / NLLMGFS. it wouldnt bother me except as i remove Torque limiters on the car it introduces a surge when you start the car and put it into reverse, similar to what my wife will do when she drives it...  It does it a little stock... but not as bad when you remove some of the limiters.

Can someone share the Table name i should be looking at? or should i try forcing the flaps on the intake closed all the time at idle regardless... Ill keep playing around and digging into the definition i have... But its hard to produce since its only when its cold.

09 Audi Q7 4.2FSI for reference.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 02:02:36 PM »

What torque limiters did you remove?

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
bamofo

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 04:45:56 PM »

What torque limiters did you remove?

The ones i have played with so far are

KFMOF / KFPZU / KLMIMAX / then slightly rework (KFMIRL / KFMIOP) Mostly just the last couple rows though.

Im just missing a target coldstart Idle that it does during its initial routine. I dont know the Keyword for it... Once it does its thing and idles down the problem goes away. Im looking for control over coldstart a little bit better. Seems during this time period it hunts between the coldstart idle target and my requested idle targets (ingear / notingear)
IamwhoIam

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 12:43:02 PM »

You do realize that idle speed, cold start or not, does not depend on ANY kind of torque limiters of any kind?

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
bamofo

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2020, 07:22:57 AM »

You do realize that idle speed, cold start or not, does not depend on ANY kind of torque limiters of any kind?

Yes, what i noticed is that since i removed the torque limiters it seeks harder between the two Idle targets. If i change nothing but the torque limiters, it does this.

So my question was, is there a startup initialization Codeword i can use to figure out why its targeting higher Idle on cold start so i can control what it does. probably due to Cat warm-up / SAI and so on..

Just asking for a pointer so i can dig deeper, please.
fknbrkn

mk4 1.8T AUM

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2020, 07:45:24 AM »

KFNLLST
But that's are not the reason of your problems
bamofo

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2020, 09:20:53 AM »

KFNLLST
But that's are not the reason of your problems

Thankyou, After looking at the two tables for (park) vs (in-gear) I noticed an Activation table - KFNSKHLL

Turning that off gives me full control of the startup now. Thanks for pointing me to the right area.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 10:19:28 AM by bamofo » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: