Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Desactivate catalyst in MED 9.1  (Read 8243 times)
Albertoak

Well done is better than well said....

« on: March 26, 2020, 11:31:56 AM »

hey guys!!!

I found these catalyst "helpers", to call it one way. Not having a cat, I think they are not necessary. If you know any more ... it would be good to know.

CWBBKH
FKHABMN
CLRSKA

do you know any more ?? catalyst heating ??

thanks!!!

Lambda S2 completely disconnected, no cat installed and 0 DTC¨S
EDIT New config:

CWBBKH:00 
   CLRSKA:00
   FKHABMN:00
   CDHSH:00
   CDKATSP:00
   CDLASH:00
   CWLSHA:00
   CDLSH:00
   CLRSHK:51 
   CWKONABG:00
   CWKONLS:01
« Last Edit: April 20, 2020, 01:52:23 AM by Albertoak » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 12:10:46 PM »

What? The starter is deactivated by the ignition switch. What do you mean, you just wanna disable kat heating function? Use the search there are multiple threads on this. The higher rpm on start is not only for kat heating but to build oil pressure faster too ( obiously you dont want to rev to 3k but 1300 instead of 600-700)
adam-

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 12:53:09 PM »

What? The starter is deactivated by the ignition switch. What do you mean, you just wanna disable kat heating function? Use the search there are multiple threads on this. The higher rpm on start is not only for kat heating but to build oil pressure faster too ( obiously you dont want to rev to 3k but 1300 instead of 600-700)

It's more because cold engines don't evaporate fuel and it's to get some decent heat in them.  It'll misfire if you drop it down.
Blazius

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2020, 01:04:43 PM »

It's more because cold engines don't evaporate fuel and it's to get some decent heat in them.  It'll misfire if you drop it down.

Yes that also. so I am pretty sure OP just means he wants to disable the kat heating because no cat in place and doesnt want to coldwash the pistons/cc,dont know why is starter is in the title Smiley.
Albertoak

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2020, 01:21:22 PM »

Yes that also. so I am pretty sure OP just means he wants to disable the kat heating because no cat in place and doesnt want to coldwash the pistons/cc,dont know why is starter is in the title Smiley.

I explainned wrong.  Right.  I wanted to say the heating of the kat.
Albertoak

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2020, 01:28:28 PM »

modified friend.
BlackT

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2020, 01:41:29 PM »

And if you use search you can save your time, our time and forum space
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1788.0;
Albertoak

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2020, 01:47:41 PM »

And if you use search you can save your time, our time and forum space
http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1788.0;

Friend, if I ask is why I already searched. I bother searching.

I do not see it possible to set CWKONABG to 0. because also from other places I have read that if you set CWKONABG to 0, you also modify lambdas, etc ...

I am talking about MED 9.1.

CWKONABG-Codewort für Konfiguration Abgasbehandlung

I have it set to 1. But as I say. I'm not sure if changing it to 0. it would modify lambda values etc.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2020, 02:10:39 PM by Albertoak » Logged
BlackT

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2020, 02:15:01 PM »

This is ME7 forum in first place, if you are talking about other platform you schloud say that in first post of thread

But never mind my mistske
Albertoak

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2020, 02:29:13 PM »

This is ME7 forum in first place, if you are talking about other platform you schloud say that in first post of thread

But never mind my mistske

Hmm, I didn't know, mate.  that this forum is based on me 7. when there are important post it like HPFP among others .... it complains about my content.  but you with comments like that.  does not contribute anything to the forum ... I think.

I say it in good ways.  do not misunderstand me.
bamofo

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2020, 07:35:22 AM »

Friend, if I ask is why I already searched. I bother searching.

I do not see it possible to set CWKONABG to 0. because also from other places I have read that if you set CWKONABG to 0, you also modify lambdas, etc ...

I am talking about MED 9.1.

CWKONABG-Codewort für Konfiguration Abgasbehandlung

I have it set to 1. But as I say. I'm not sure if changing it to 0. it would modify lambda values etc.

If your looking to turn off the Idleup and functionality that controls that cold start KAT Heating i had luck on MED9.1.1 with - NLLMGFS

If your looking to turn off the checks because of no KAT then there are other things you need to change.
Albertoak

« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2020, 07:41:26 AM »

If your looking to turn off the Idleup and functionality that controls that cold start KAT Heating i had luck on MED9.1.1 with - NLLMGFS

If your looking to turn off the checks because of no KAT then there are other things you need to change.

Thanks for answering. It seems that there are supportive people for this forum ...

In the end I did it by other methods. If you want us to share them, send me MP and we will comment. Why disable up to 6 codeword to get it right.
Albertoak

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2020, 04:06:24 AM »

It would be nice if someone in MED 9.1 has disabled CWKONABG: 00. Explain your experience.

I understand that by disabling CWKONABG. Everything related to the catalyst is disabled(including that you tell the ecu that it has no cat, obvious.):
diagnosis, heating, cooling ...
But would it affect something else? lambda demand ??

I think it would be the most correct way if it does not affect other things. in the FR it does not say much more than the meanings of the bits.

CWKONABG
bit 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
+---------------+
|x x x x x x x x|
+---------------+
ˆ ˆ ˆ ˆ ˆ ˆ ˆ ˆ ˆ ˆ ˆ ˆ ˆ
| | | | | | | +-- B_katfz
| | | | | | +---- B_kath
| | | | | +------ B_slsfz
| | | | +--------
| | | +----------
| | +------------
| +--------------
+----------------
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 04:10:18 AM by Albertoak » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2020, 10:07:43 AM »

I'm not as familiar with MED9 as ME7 but I'm fairly certain there is the equivalent to ME7's ESKONF that should be configured as well.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Albertoak

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2020, 10:35:36 AM »

I'm not as familiar with MED9 as ME7 but I'm fairly certain there is the equivalent to ME7's ESKONF that should be configured as well.

As much as I look in the damos and FR there is nothing similar to ESKNOF as in me 7. And no matter how much I search about CWKONABG in FR, I do not find great resolutions that the bit scheme above ... I would like to know of the 260 people who have read this post. Someone has had to test it thoroughly ... I am collecting relevant information about MED 9. And I plan to create a wikipedia so that it can help us get started.

but I need accurate data.
At the moment the test that I have carried out with CWKONABG in my bank ecu, whit the byte deactivated. Mark as approved the catalyst readiness ...
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 10:38:29 AM by Albertoak » Logged
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: