Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Nefmoto Flasher, Sector Erase Failed  (Read 4050 times)
cessnas

« on: March 30, 2020, 02:37:04 AM »

Hey guys,
Got an problem flashing my ECU with nefmoto flasher.
I've used it multiple times before with the same laptop on some other cars.
I've tried different baud rates, different USB ports and so on, nothing works. Id i press YES it just goes instantly to 100% and says flash failed.
Anyone got the same problem and got any ideas?
I did not tune tune the file i read of the car because it had a generic tune on it and it would be easier to start with a fresh map.
So i found an ORI file and tuned that, it has the same software number: 06A906032HJ 0002.
Would this be the problem? i'm going to see if i can flash the file i read from it now first.
Thanks
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2020, 10:02:04 AM »

is the ecu stock

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
cessnas

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2020, 10:44:05 AM »

is the ecu stock

No it has an generic sage 1 tune on it. I can read the ECU perfectly fine, i'll try to flash the file i have to the ECU in bootmode.
For some reason it says ECU reports that security access was rejected. Then a few lines down it says Requesting security access. Security access granted.
I dont really know anymore, ill just flash the ECU in bootmode and then try to flash it again without being in bootmode
bamofo

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2020, 07:16:07 AM »

No it has an generic sage 1 tune on it. I can read the ECU perfectly fine, i'll try to flash the file i have to the ECU in bootmode.
For some reason it says ECU reports that security access was rejected. Then a few lines down it says Requesting security access. Security access granted.
I dont really know anymore, ill just flash the ECU in bootmode and then try to flash it again without being in bootmode

What ECU ID is it?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 08:48:11 AM »

I meant does it have a riser

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
cessnas

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 10:18:45 AM »

I meant does it have a riser

No completely stock ECU hardware
cessnas

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 10:39:27 AM »

What ECU ID is it?

Not exactly sure what ID you want but i've added some pictures with some info.
cessnas

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 10:43:35 AM »

Okey i've got some more info. Tried bootmoding it today with Galetto and MPPS V18. Neither of them worked. Galetto and MPPS reports that ive entered bootmode and i can see ECU info.
When trying to flash the file ive got it says with Galetto. ERASING... OK   START WRITING... ERROR WRITING. I've got no idea why. MPPS does the same thing. I can read the ECU perfectly fine but not write.
Might i have an defective flash chip 29F800BB? I've got an spare ME7.5 ECU from an A4 B6. Would it work swapping them over and then reflash my 06A906032HJ file to that in bootmode?
BlackT

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2020, 10:46:41 AM »

Look at boot loader, B6 and your ECU must have same bootloader so you can crosflash it. Also transfer EEPROM data
cessnas

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2020, 11:12:00 AM »

Look at boot loader, B6 and your ECU must have same bootloader so you can crosflash it. Also transfer EEPROM data

I've got MPPS V18, so should be able to read and write the EEPROM. Where do check what bootloader the ECUs have?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: