Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Author Topic: True ME7.5 Speed Density  (Read 62115 times)
kacperoooni

« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2021, 07:09:15 AM »

You also need a 3d table with lowpass with a breakout limit or you will have massive jitter at high rpm and not enough response at low rpm.
MAF diagnostics can't fail unless sensor fails, good idea to add plausibility for it in code, or it will switch to msdk_w.

Gonna add 3d map as soon as i get my load problem solved. This doesnt seem to be related with filter because it happens in every condition, even if signal is steady. Zero'ed pirg_w (dont know if it is good idea) but rl_w<65% is following rlsol now. When turbo spools rl_w ramps to twice rlsol... Until now I avoid MAF DTC maxing/zeroing maf flow diag maps. I see that rl_w is only calculated in BGSRM which is currently almost 1:1 ported from NA jetta. I think that something with rsol needs to be fixed? Or maybe throttle angle request is problem?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 08:16:04 AM by kacperoooni » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2021, 10:04:17 AM »

Gonna add 3d map as soon as i get my load problem solved. This doesnt seem to be related with filter because it happens in every condition, even if signal is steady. Zero'ed pirg_w (dont know if it is good idea) but rl_w<65% is following rlsol now. When turbo spools rl_w ramps to twice rlsol... Until now I avoid MAF DTC maxing/zeroing maf flow diag maps. I see that rl_w is only calculated in BGSRM which is currently almost 1:1 ported from NA jetta. I think that something with rsol needs to be fixed? Or maybe throttle angle request is problem?

Whats with the secrecy though? Care to post your mods? That is the point of this topic.

Are you taking care of e_lm btw? i assume yes.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 10:08:30 AM by Blazius » Logged
prj

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2021, 10:44:53 AM »

Nothing right in this post at all. You got the basics wrong.
Believe it or not some people still buy this solution from time to time, so I don't want to open source it yet Sad

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
kacperoooni

« Reply #48 on: August 26, 2021, 12:42:51 PM »

Nothing right in this post at all. You got the basics wrong.
Believe it or not some people still buy this solution from time to time, so I don't want to open source it yet Sad

E_lm and error classes did it, lol. Fueling and ignition is 1:1 to those with maf. Ill add 3d filter map to get signal even better, but its enough now. Everything works like oem.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 12:44:59 PM by kacperoooni » Logged
kacperoooni

« Reply #49 on: August 26, 2021, 01:08:33 PM »

Whats with the secrecy though? Care to post your mods? That is the point of this topic.

Are you taking care of e_lm btw? i assume yes.

Gonna test for few days. If everything is ok gonna post what needs to be changed, so any person with little asm knowledge could do it himself.
Blazius

« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2021, 01:40:58 PM »

E_lm and error classes did it, lol. Fueling and ignition is 1:1 to those with maf. Ill add 3d filter map to get signal even better, but its enough now. Everything works like oem.
Lmao i wanted to ask it earlier but I assumed you did it.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 03:39:00 PM by Blazius » Logged
kacperoooni

« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2021, 03:14:19 PM »

Lmao i wanted to ask it faster but I assumed you did it.

Ok I got rid of CE and ESP light. Driven 50km so far. It seems that everything is working perfectly, my friend couldnt tell if he was driving SD or stock maf. But there seems to be needed some kind of 3d map like prj said with delta throttle x rpm on filter constant.

@edit I thought about getting WB controller with voltage output wired in second o2 ADC. Then implement some kind of AFR control. What do you think about it?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2021, 03:37:47 PM by kacperoooni » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2021, 02:25:10 PM »

Ok I got rid of CE and ESP light. Driven 50km so far. It seems that everything is working perfectly, my friend couldnt tell if he was driving SD or stock maf. But there seems to be needed some kind of 3d map like prj said with delta throttle x rpm on filter constant.

@edit I thought about getting WB controller with voltage output wired in second o2 ADC. Then implement some kind of AFR control. What do you think about it?

50km is good enough to get more people testing imo.

AFR control? What do you mean, also ofcourse you changed uhfm_w to be your MAP voltage instead of the default second o2 adc then right.
kacperoooni

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2021, 02:59:32 PM »

Ok, so basicaly MAP signal seems to be too slow. Even if I het raw input from ADC. Dont know if this is just sensor issue or we need some kind of pressure prediction. Well, I have added some code to predict pressure in function of throttle gradient. But now car seems to statr for 2 seconds (idles perfectly, every var ok) but after 2 seconds it just cuts injection and dies. Dont know if there is some kind of watchdog (because of too long code execution) or I have some ram vars screwed up. Prj is there any kind of watchdog in our lovely ecu?
prj

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2021, 02:38:35 AM »

For me it's not too slow, so I guess we do something differently.
Calling map read functions from interrupt is just retarded. Look how OEM code is doing scheduling and do the same way.

Log your car properly.
kacperoooni

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2021, 03:56:52 AM »

Calling map read functions from interrupt is just retarded.
I thought that can be problem. I will relocate it out of interrupt.

For me it's not too slow, so I guess we do something differently.
What MAP sensor do you use?
jcsbanks

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2021, 05:08:50 AM »

I am curious about a historical perspective on Motronic re NA engines with MAF only and how it might inform MED17.

If you turbocharge, remove MAF, add MAP (and process it and make the code like SY_DSS instead of SY_HFM for writing psr_w etc), would it also be usual to add PUT so that the mass airflow calculations at the throttle work with boost?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 05:18:01 AM by jcsbanks » Logged
prj

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2021, 05:40:47 AM »

I am curious about a historical perspective on Motronic re NA engines with MAF only and how it might inform MED17.

If you turbocharge, remove MAF, add MAP (and process it and make the code like SY_DSS instead of SY_HFM for writing psr_w etc), would it also be usual to add PUT so that the mass airflow calculations at the throttle work with boost?

SY_TURBO has nothing to do with SY_DSS. They are two completely independent paths and there are all combinations possible and used.

Log your car properly.
BlackT

« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2022, 12:05:28 AM »

Maybe stupid question, but what MAP sensor you use if boost is over 3 bar absolute?
They all can't measure under 0.5 bar so how to calculate SD below that pressure?
As far as I can remeber(in days when I have boost gauge)  under idiling 1.8T get to 0.3-0.4bar
prj

« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2022, 12:37:15 AM »

Maybe stupid question, but what MAP sensor you use if boost is over 3 bar absolute?
They all can't measure under 0.5 bar so how to calculate SD below that pressure?
As far as I can remeber(in days when I have boost gauge)  under idiling 1.8T get to 0.3-0.4bar
There are 3.5 bar sensors on BMW, which read low enough.
Then if you need more range, there are quite a few others as well, or you can take a normal 2.5 bar sensor, do some cutting and put for example a MPXH6400A inside, then epoxy it together - quite cheap solution and you get a P&P sensor.

Log your car properly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to: