Pages: [1]
Author Topic: From CGKB (163HP 400Nm) to CGKA (190HP 400Nm) EDC17CP14 ECU  (Read 4569 times)
starfix

« on: April 15, 2020, 05:35:33 AM »

hello,
I bought a used Audi A5 2.7l TDI in Belgium. For tax reasons, the ECU map is limited to 163HP instead of the classical 190HP.
I’d like to set the ECU to the usual value of 190HP. I am not interested in a real tuning (235HP - 480Nm), because even though I know that the multitronic gearbox is sized for 500Nm, I prefer to avoid costly potential damage...
Since I also don’t want to risk breaking my ECU (and to "play" without any fear), I bought a used CGKA calculator (190HP - 400Nm).

Well, I’m aware that swapping Ecus isn’t that simple, especially with EDC17CP14. I have read a lot of things and their opposites ,and I wonder about the follow-up:
- Immotronic, is it possible to do a learn process (virginizer), or have I to do an Immo-off
- Is difference of mileage between the 2 ECUs is an issue ?
- Is there any injector calibration ?

Well, hoping you can help me. Although my knowledge is more on gearbox calculators, I am used to open, solder, communicate via LIN & CAN to this kind of product...

Regards,
Starfix
mengenregler

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 07:04:44 AM »

- Immotronic, is it possible to do a learn process (virginizer), or have I to do an Immo-off
- Is difference of mileage between the 2 ECUs is an issue ?
- Is there any injector calibration ?

Regards,
Starfix

- possible
- yes
- yes
- plus coding may be an issue

In general, moving tq limiter in your stock ECU (usually sw for Belgium is only limited with one map) is simplest job ever, swapping ECUS makes things complicated.
what tools you got to r/w this ECU?
starfix

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2020, 07:14:01 AM »

I can use K-Tag and VAG-Com.
mengenregler

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 07:32:36 AM »

Just read your stock ECU and send me the file.
kuebk

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 08:22:10 AM »

Read both ECUs, compare most important maps - as mengenregler said, there should not be many differences.
starfix

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 02:14:56 AM »

Thank you for your help, but I don't want to open my legacy ECU (yes, I am a little bit boring).
Maybe I can get access to a Kess ODB programmer, but my 2011 ECU is probably T-PROT...

prj

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 07:13:46 AM »

If you have official K-tag, no problem, you don't need to open ECU, you can use the bench mode.
But let me guess, you have some china shit.

Official New Genius and Kess will write the ECU over OBD regardless of TPROT.

PCMFlash probably will do too with the correct module, and it's cheap.

Either way, everything is gonna be more expensive than getting it mapped.

As for opening, no you are not "boring" - you just don't know WTF you are doing. That ECU can be opened in 2-3 minutes, and I never broke one. Although there has been no need to open these for 5 or 6 years (if not more).
And tbh if you have no experience, then fucking with a tricore ECU with china tools is the best way to end up with a large bill for getting it fixed later.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 07:16:44 AM by prj » Logged

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
bazare

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2020, 02:08:12 PM »

Basically most of the things have been said and you have 2 choice here. Either open both ecus, read both, modify the eeprom and flash back, or use a genuine tool that can do that ECU in bench (ktag, flex, cmd, bflash). As I assume you will not pay for a genuine tool, go to the local tuner and support the local business. He will do the job for you without opening. Stay Safe!
starfix

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2020, 06:33:38 AM »

Basically most of the things have been said and you have 2 choice here. Either open both ecus, read both, modify the eeprom and flash back, or use a genuine tool that can do that ECU in bench (ktag, flex, cmd, bflash). As I assume you will not pay for a genuine tool, go to the local tuner and support the local business. He will do the job for you without opening. Stay Safe!
You're right, as I my first need is to stay safe, I could do business with the local tuner... But I already get in touch with him and he's not aware of that 163HP version, and can only get "standard tuned" files from tuners so 235HP - 480Nm...
prj

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2020, 09:35:34 AM »

Well that means you've not talked to anyone who is a tuner.
Just a file flasher.

You need someone who knows exactly what they are doing if you want this very specific thing.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
IamwhoIam

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2020, 10:19:50 AM »

starfix, PM me your phone number and I might be able to help you.

I have no logs because I have a boost gauge (makes things easier)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: