Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Questions about a Daz 551K Mbox tune  (Read 2849 times)
047auto

« on: April 19, 2020, 07:24:02 PM »

Hi guys, i have a few questions about my 551K box, tune was started by Daz before he passed and never finished. Im beyond stumped.

Box is 4B0907551K, chip shows 29F800BB. Reading ECU info in VCDS registers the software as being 8D0907551M. Nefmoto wont let me read flash since Request Upload is being blocked (probably wont do much good, i know Daz had many tricks ill need to overcome to finish this tune)

So a few starting questions, ive tried every combination of baud rates and memory layouts (Note: i dont own a bench flash setup atm and no spare ECU to try  my own tune out on after scaling MAF to 85MM and setting up  ballpark fueling for 550cc EV14 injectors with 4bar FPR). Does anyone have experience messing around with Daz's tunes or methods so i can complete this? I'm in the middle of hex editing galletto to work with my cable and ill attempt a bootmode flash read in the car but im not even sure if he rewrote the parameters to different areas which would kill my DAMOS. security authenticates but i cannot get memory validation. id like to at very least  backup his file he started on remotely so its driveable while i work on mine and flash it back on when i need to use my car. Will i even be able to read a good flash? And if i need to use bootmode to read it and verify a good checksum of his file will it still work flashing it back to my ECU whether or not he moved the parameter locations?

Currently running Frankenturbo setup with 550CC EV14's, 4bar FPR, Hitachi 85MM MAF, 3Bar MAP, bosch 044 fuel pump. i have an innovative wideband o2 to monitor AFR and boost gauge at the manifold to see true actual vs actual vs requested. my AFR fluctuates wildly at idle and while driving but he had it dialed in enough that its safe to drive as long as im not staying WOT everytime im on the road  Grin
im new to tuning but ive been reading and studying on nefmoto and s4wiki till my head hurts and then some. if anyone is interested in reverse engineering Daz's stage 3 tune thats worthy of it ill PM you the file once i manage to get it. Im not handing it over to anyone that hasnt been on here and proven themselves because he put tons of hours into learning these ECUs and how they work. The man was a legend in my book and would want people to learn how to do it themselves and not copy his.
_nameless

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2020, 08:47:21 PM »

Just start over. Wont take you too long to get it dialed in yourself. Ecus are like 40 bucks and any apb ecu will work for you.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2020, 09:00:44 PM »

Do not reverse engineer anything.

Start from scratch.

I don't feeling like posting yet again, for the umpteeth time, why.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
047auto

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2020, 09:45:56 PM »

I guess i should clarify, Im not reverse engineering anything. I need to have a copy of the .bin to flash so its driveable while i sort my tune out. I finally managed to ground pin 24 and get a copy of its current file, tomorrow ill verify it has a good checksum and try rewriting it to make sure it starts and runs, then flash mine on and see what its doing.

i'd ideally like to finish his tune once i get mine in order and learn how everything functions, why it functions that way, and what adjustments need to still be made. theres no replacement to me for learning how to tune, as the file he wrote will eventually become obsolete as i add upgrades beyond what my S4 currently has and i want the pride of knowing i did the tuning myself, the same as anything else on this car. theres tons of info here but i know along the way ill eventually ask for help
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: