Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1861 times)
CrashKrazz

« on: April 20, 2020, 08:41:06 AM »

Hey All, been lurking around here trying to absorb information for a while now, finally starting to dive in. I'm pretty new to ECU tuning, but I've worked on cars mechanically forever, and I'm an electrical engineer and proficient in multiple programming languages. I've worked with various hardware that is fundamentally quite similar to an ECU in programming structure and flashing procedures, so hopefully thaty gives me a leg up. Still pretty lost in actually tuning technique for now, first goal is get a freaking cable that works (ebay cable just came, has a ch340, which from what I can tell won't work). I plan on trying to modify this cable, since I can't seem to find a working one with reasonable shipping time right now, and I have multiple devices with working ft232s in them...

As for vehicles, I have a 2000 Audi A4 1.8TQM (ATW engine). Support seems low here, and it appears map hunting is in my future. Good thing I have nothing better to do right now.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2020, 12:24:55 PM »

If you have programming experience and embedded systems knowledge, picking this up will be trivial for you.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: