Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S4 B5 2.7T MT Disconnection issues with NefMoto  (Read 9271 times)
NG Coupé

« on: April 26, 2020, 06:36:26 AM »

Hello community,

I want to read the flash of my 1998 S4 B5 with manual transmission.
NefMoto succesfully connects to the ECU but disconnects automatically after about five seconds. „disconnecting because no response was received for the Tester Present message“
After unplugging fuse 15 NefMoto disconnects with the same failure after about fifteen seconds so that I can read ECU Info at least. But so there is no chance of reading the flash in that short time.

Do you have any ideas how to fix the problem?

Greeting from Germany
René
Auriaka

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2020, 07:34:16 PM »

Second or third post down In http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=6537.0title= Touches on this.

Verify power at pin121 if necessary, check fuses.... sometimes you have to run a dedicated k line cable from ecu connector to obd. Other members on this forum have done this utilizing a flip switch to have a bypass mode and regular function mode.

NG Coupé

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2020, 09:37:40 AM »

Thank you very much!
I will try all possibilities and give a feedback here.
Tried to connect another 1999 S4 B5 of my friend yesterday. It was the same. It automatically disconnected after a few seconds.

Greetings
René
Auriaka

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2020, 10:39:38 AM »

I have never done it, but some people have had to pull the instrument cluster fuse as well or the ABS fuse.

I dont know if it was in relevance to this exact situation, but I do know that those were done in regards to connectivity issues. If nothing else, gives you some more measures to be able to try as well.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2020, 11:33:14 AM »

I have had this issue off and on with all pre 2000 B5 S4 and RS4s (non US)

the only fool proof solutions involve one or more of:

1) dedicated kline (better than pulling cluster or fuse)
2) do not start logger until after car is started
3) may have to have vcds address the engine module once after car is started but before nef is run
4) immo disable

NO US B5 should have this issue, if you do, it is something else (aftermarket stereo, etc).

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
prj

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2020, 01:47:17 PM »

The reason is incorrect baudrate.

You need double slowinit and you also need the fastest baudrate, only then it will work in KWP2000 mode, otherwise cluster will drop connection.

Never ever got nefmoto to work.

The only euro cars that do not do this are 8D0907551G with Hitachi MAF iirc.
8D0907551, 8D0907551C and 8D0907551D all have these clusters.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
NG Coupé

« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2022, 01:55:26 PM »

Just wanted to give an update for people maybe reading the thread with same issues.

Got NefMoto and also ME7Logger working but only with dedicated K-Line from ECU to OBD-adapter.
Seems to be a phenomen to all Euro S4 / A6 without CAN-Bus.

Thank you all for your help! Great forum here with a lot of useful tools and information Smiley

Greetings
René
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: