Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: How to control/switch pops and bangs through A/C?  (Read 15111 times)
Sandstorm3k

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 02:57:00 PM »

Overrun & fuel-cut is on page 710 in Funktionsrahmen (Betriebsbereich Schubabschalten/Wiedereinsetzen).
Cool, thanks. I'll have look tomorrow, would be really nice if i could get the AC-on state to disable overrun.
rus4play

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 06:01:30 PM »

Yes it really is. You just set a JNB for the Cruise control Main switch on your ASM code and off you go.

If your just using the rev limiter for cut then this will not work. But my code runs stationary Limiter at 5400 (soft limit). and Hard cut (pops and bangs) at 4800. one line of code. Jump out of logic if Cruise is set. Done.

Ok thanks guys, now i kinda got it. Of course setting it for the cruise control would be the better way and I've hacked programs (actually games) with ASM on my computer some time ago already (beginner steps tho).

But I dont understand exactly in which code you have to make these changes for the cruise control? in the ECU .bin dump!? That doesn't really make sense bc it only contains maps or not?

And where do you jump to after? To own code in code cave which u have to program?
And how can you test your code without killing the ECU by flashing maybe bad code?^^ because I'm noob and only understand it kinda theoretically.

I'd like to look on the code of cruise control myself in ASM but I dont really know where to search lol.
My second problem is for my car there's no DAMOS on the web so I have to search everything myself!

Thanks a lot tho will try to figure it out with A/C first! But yea I'll need the other map changes too so the only real way would be cruise control I guess for it to pop.

some example to look at (in a youtube video or something) would make it a LOT easier if there's something out in the internet.

I'm ofc not a chip tuner and just want to get it done on my car also I'd like to fit in a WOT BOX in combination so it would be nice if I can simulate clutch presses while shifting (automatic) that's why I'm trying to play a bit with the code Cheesy Maybe it's not too hard to get it done!

Edit: Another thing not quite clear to me: if I make changes to KFZWMN and KFZWOP, do they affect normal driving also and could cause possible damage in long term or are there maps that are ONLY active for overrun? Because in KFZWMN the min limits for iginiting are set, so could anything go wrong possibly if i modify it while driving "normal"? I guess best for the engine would be to only use modified maps when cruise control is pressed so i guess I'll have to mess with it till i get that done guess that would be best for long term !?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:26:54 PM by rus4play » Logged
d3irb

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 07:00:35 PM »

this is all answered here but you seem pretty earnest, so I will reply a little beyond just "use search." andy whittaker's videos give you a good idea of how to take apart the bin file into disassembly so you can figure out how things work https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJAVIOrD8fw . if you search here prj has a lot of good scripts for labeling ram and rom (calibration) variables from damos/a2l. also if you use me7info you can find ram locations, which you can then label in the disassembly. it takes a long time to learn this stuff. yes, the basics of making a patch are to branch from a routine you know about into an unused area with your own code and then jump back at the end. finding unused flash is easy (empty parts of the bin), making sure that any temp variables you use in RAM are not over-writing something else is a little harder. the ECU runs a real time OS where different tasks run on different periods (i.e. some tasks run every ms, some every 100ms, some every crank revolution, etc.), eventually you learn good places to inject your code. http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=641.0 should help you too. good luck!

But I dont understand exactly in which code you have to make these changes for the cruise control? in the ECU .bin dump!? That doesn't really make sense bc it only contains maps or not?

no, the .bin is the full operating software for the ECU.

And where do you jump to after? To own code in code cave which u have to program?
And how can you test your code without killing the ECU by flashing maybe bad code?^^ because I'm noob and only understand it kinda theoretically.

bootmode keeps you from bricking your ecu even if you completely mess up the application software.

Sandstorm3k

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2020, 11:08:29 AM »

Do you mean the AC switch has no effect on the outcome? That's strange. DNWEK is conditional, it depends on the B_koe (compressor on) flag being set, else it won't be considered.

Or, do you mean it crackles all the time when letting off? This approach does just that, basically crackles and bangs all the time while coasting in gear. I've looked at the schematics on how to put a time limit on it, I'll check in again tomorrow.
Do you think there is an option to make this work sort of in reverse? All i could come up with is putting a negative value, but i don't think that can fit in 1 byte.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: