Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Please help with log. only Boosting to 6 psi  (Read 11083 times)
Lechuga

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2020, 10:51:34 PM »

Mr Trinity,

Your ECU is narrowband. I put time in making an XDF for your ECU (http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=18092.0title=).

I was waiting for feedback on the Stage1 tune I gave you (free) almost a week ago.
You may disagree with what I did (merely raised LDRXN, which is all that is really necessary for a basic Stage1).
I also pointed you to my excel sheet for ME7 tuning (in which I have invested many many hours of my time and knowledge).
I am not sure what you have done because your engine should not have gone into limp mode as is clearly the case from the logfile by just increasing ldrxn a little, so I am guessing you have not tried my file.

Everyone here that knows anything about tuning has put in many hours (years) to learn, research and develop. It is a steep learning curve to start with but it gets easier with time. I wish you the best of luck
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 05:52:13 AM by Lechuga » Logged
Lechuga

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2020, 05:32:22 AM »

I may have been a little too harsh. Sorry.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

mcskittle

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2020, 06:06:55 AM »

I have tried the file but it turns out I've been chasing demons in the car. I had some leaks under the intake manifold and a few other spots that I have been working on. And me letting you know what was happening, was feedback i thought
_nameless

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2020, 07:27:07 AM »

Mr Trinity,

Your ECU is narrowband. I put time in making an XDF for your ECU (http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=18092.0title=).

I was waiting for feedback on the Stage1 tune I gave you (free) almost a week ago.
You may disagree with what I did (merely raised LDRXN, which is all that is really necessary for a basic Stage1).
I also pointed you to my excel sheet for ME7 tuning (in which I have invested many many hours of my time and knowledge).
I am not sure what you have done because your engine should not have gone into limp mode as is clearly the case from the logfile by just increasing ldrxn a little, so I am guessing you have not tried my file.

Everyone here that knows anything about tuning has put in many hours (years) to learn, research and develop. It is a steep learning curve to start with but it gets easier with time. I wish you the best of luck
Ldrxn only is not a good mod. Fueling is lean until bts kicks in thenits pig rich.

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2020, 07:29:56 AM »

I have tried the file but it turns out I've been chasing demons in the car. I had some leaks under the intake manifold and a few other spots that I have been working on. And me letting you know what was happening, was feedback i thought
Mr skiddles,
My advice is to read threw the community projects mainly the b6 a4 thread. Your ecu andbthat b6 thread are both me7.5. There are some differences but its close enough on the main bits it should help you oit quite a bit

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
_nameless

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2020, 07:32:52 AM »

Also i just wanna add if someone is willing to give something away for free odds are its shit. No offence to anyone its cold hard facts.

mcskittle

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2020, 07:39:32 AM »

Thanks Marty,
I have been reading that thread and still keep going back to it, I have been reading alot of things on here, there's so much to take in it gives me a headache
Lechuga

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2020, 08:21:54 AM »

Also i just wanna add if someone is willing to give something away for free odds are its shit. No offence to anyone its cold hard facts.
By your own words this entire forum is shit. 'Cold hard fact'?

I suggest you do some more research re ldrxn, and then ask yourself if you're here to freeload or to contribute

_nameless

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2020, 09:10:44 AM »

I suggest you do some more research re ldrxn, and then ask yourself if you're here to freeload or to contribute

Providing a file with shitty changes vs community discussions that benifit the whole group is not even comparable. My point is pointing somone in the right direction is worth a lot more then providing a shitty file that could blow their car up.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2020, 10:50:58 AM »

I think you misunderstood what he's saying Smiley

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
mcskittle

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2020, 11:40:21 AM »

I didn't want to start anything lol. All I'm trying to do is figure this out and then hopefully learn how to do everything on my own so that in time I may contribute to others.

Back on topic,

i think this needs to go to diagnosis, what are things to look at, that would cause a backfire/misfire pop sound (just one pop) everytime i  get in to 16 -19 psi boost? im going to smoke test the piping and lines. what else?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 01:06:24 PM by mcskittle » Logged
Blazius

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2020, 11:50:34 AM »

Find a 512kb defined file and damos and crossflash it, make sure the bootrom is the same and you are (usually) good to go. That will give you a full fresh file and proper mappack to start so you can make your own changes.
Lechuga

« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2020, 01:45:30 PM »

Providing a file with shitty changes vs community discussions that benifit the whole group is not even comparable. My point is pointing somone in the right direction is worth a lot more then providing a shitty file that could blow their car up.

With utmost humility I ask: Please, refer me to your most recent constructive contribution to this forum. Just the URL to your post will suffice.
mcskittle

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2020, 08:05:42 PM »

So i only found one leak and its coming from the secondary air pump, the rivets are shit and the pump is splitting open. Would that cause any lean/rich problems?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
_nameless

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2020, 09:00:37 PM »

With utmost humility I ask: Please, refer me to your most recent constructive contribution to this forum. Just the URL to your post will suffice.
Dude suck a dick. I contribute to this fourum all the time, i dont have to justify myself to you or anyone else for that matter. Fact is you supplied the op with a shit ass file that would bend rods. Turning up boost without any other changes is neglagent to say the least. All that did was send the op for a loop of misguided shit. Its not that hard to link soneone to useful info (like I did).

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: