Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My experience with Boost on Golf V GTI MED9 2.0TFSI  (Read 2547 times)
uhuhart

« on: June 30, 2020, 03:18:30 PM »

Hello all,

i did a few Golf V GTI all with stock components. Typically there are the AXX and the BWA Engine.
Whenever i tuned the AXX Engine, i wonder why actual boost can not get higher than 1 bar - or more like 0,95bar.
On BWA it´s no problem. Of course i can request more or in other words as much as MED9 can give on both, but only the BWA is able to boost as requested.
The WGDC is fine. There are no mechanical issues or boostleaks. So why is the Turbo on the AXX Engine not able to boost more than 1 bar??
In my opinion it only can be because of a different WG actuator since the components like air intake and exhaust are the same.
What is your experience? Or have i overlooked something?

Many Greets
Armin
aef

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2020, 12:27:25 AM »

You should have asked this 15years ago when all the axx and bwa were in good condition.

Nowadays they ar ALL tuned and tortured by some 18yr old.

Its just not possible to find out with a car that old. I believe there is not difference in the wg delivered with the k03 by borgwarner.
uhuhart

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2020, 04:16:27 AM »

Yes you‘re right when you say they are all old now and often treatet hard
uhuhart

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2020, 04:24:05 AM »

Yes you‘re right when you say they are all old now and often treatet hard
But BWA‘s are old as well and i never have had such issue with them.
For example when you give a bit more boost on them and let i-limit untouched, they all overshoot at around 0,3 bar till the PID catch it back. On AXX it never does from my experience. It stucks directly at 0,95 bar.
So if you or anybody else here had ever managed to go higher on this Engine with stock components, let me know and i‘ll do more reserche on this
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: