Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Looking for a 2004 Audi A8 4.2L D3 Manual flash  (Read 3147 times)
O2stu

« on: July 09, 2020, 05:51:36 AM »

I’m swapping a 2004 Audi 4.2l D3 into a Boxster and have to find a manual transmission flash for it (the A8 never came with a manual).   I’m a total noob at this, does anyone have any ideas?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 08:54:30 AM »

I believe some of the v8 binaries can be coded to manual/auto.

Unfortunately I don't know for sure, and i don't know which ones.

You won't find a ton of NA4.2l support here, they're not very moddable so there isn't much public info on them.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
dus

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 11:41:14 AM »

I’m swapping a 2004 Audi 4.2l D3 into a Boxster and have to find a manual transmission flash for it (the A8 never came with a manual).   I’m a total noob at this, does anyone have any ideas?

a similar motor was used on a d2 body with a manual gearbox
O2stu

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 02:48:52 PM »

I’m in the process of swapping an Audi A8 engine into my Boxster.  I’ve wired up the ecu to the My bench harness and was ready to go before I had a thought.  If (when) the car doesn’t start how am I going to know if I screwed up the wiring Or the ECU reflash.  I’d rather limit my variables.  So I’ve searched but I don’t see any companies out there (amazingly) that offer this kind of bench reflashing.  So I’m wondering if anyone is up for it or can steer me in the right direction.   Here’s what I need

2004 Audi A8 ME7.5.1.1 reflashed with these adjustments
-auto to manual
-wheel speed sensor RPm limit removed
-immobilizer requirement removed
-secondary O2 sensor removed (it’s a a track car).
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 03:41:14 PM »

Merged. Why did you start another topic?

Again, the NA 4.2L kind of sucks. No really. There is a reason you won't find much aftermarket support for it.

Next time, choose the 2.7tt or the 4.2tt

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
O2stu

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 05:26:27 PM »

My mistake, I thought I should treat them as separate topics since I had separate asks.  The turbo motors are great but they’re not a fantastic choice for a dedicated track car. 
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 07:44:30 PM »

My mistake, I thought I should treat them as separate topics since I had separate asks

They're the same topic.

Find out if the same ECU P/N is used for both tip and man.

You didn't post the ECU P/N.

If it can be shared, it is just a matter of recoding the eeprom on the ECU which can be done with VCDS.

ECUx Plot

bamofo

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2020, 04:41:42 PM »

Either post the rom and eeprom on here or send me a pm and I might be able to help.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: