Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 1.8t guy here  (Read 2700 times)
mrmusicmajor

« on: August 12, 2020, 12:40:37 PM »

Hello all...

I'm an owner of many 1.8ts.  Daily is a mk4 GTI 1.8t tuned by motoza with K04-001xl and all the goodies.. around 260 at wheels currently.  hoping to meth inject for a little more timing and lean it out a bit  Also have a Cherokee XJ for camping with the wife.  I may turbo that as well.

building a 1.8t audi TT and a 1.8t b6 a4.  Both planning on GTX3071r with 63 AR.  aiming around 400hp on both.
i also have a passat, and an a4 wagon to play around with.

May end up with a few hondas and some e46 e36 work as well...

mechanically I've always done my own work and builds.  But I now have a larger garage with a lift, paintbooth, space etc and would like to get into tuning. (possibly a dyno)  I worked in IT and understand some basics but this will be a leap for me.  I appreciate all the help and work you all have put into this.

-Matt
florih2

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 06:05:57 AM »

Welcome from an fellow noobie as well,
Reading and understanding both the s4wiki and the nefmoto Wiki is fundemental for learning These ecus.
Then reading your ecu and finding a Definition file for your choice of editing Program, i prefer tunerpro when possible, otherwise an winols clone.
Dont know how much you already know but reading and searching will get you your first sucesses.
Tuning for 400 HP on an Stock ecu is another quest and will require lots of Time and possible Code changes

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A5000 mit Tapatalk

mrmusicmajor

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 07:02:17 PM »

thanks a ton man! finding definition files is a task in itself!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: