Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 018ch 360854, EPC light and loss of throttle control, low loads  (Read 4662 times)
RENOxDECEPTION

Still very new to this,

I've been having some help from a forum member here to dial in my boost with feed forward, and got it pretty close to where it needs to be, need to widen the range of imx/drl for a revision soon.

Issue is, occasionally, during cruising or low load areas, I will lose throttle response and have to key off / key on and then it works immediately again.

1.8t with upgraded rods
k24 7400 turbo
1000cc ev14's @ 4 bar
fmic
walbro 450
s4 maf sensor

Attached is my log file exactly when it occurred (i truncated it because I was trying to recreate the issue, it was originally a 55mb file). It happens right around the 450 to 550 sample in the log

Hopefully I was logging the correct variables at the time to figure this out and give me somewhere to look.

I think I had this happen before on my other car and it was wiring to the throttle body, but that was a fairly stock car. Now that I've made all these changes and it's happening leads me to believe I fucked up somewhere. So has anyone had this happen?

ORI bin in robs post here: http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1204.0

I need to mention that I pulled DTC's and got the following, but it doesn't make sense with the maf or torque monitor because it happened at such low loads it's not like I was exceeding them at the time. Yes I know this needs to be addressed through IOP/IRL or reading the s4 wiki on torque monitoring again.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16487/P0103/000259
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17963/P1555/005461
http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/17743/P1335

Maps I've changed:
kfzwmn axis
kfzwmn varient axis
kfldrapp
lddimxn -> to 1's
mlhfm (s4 maf housing, a4 sensor)
kffdlbts
kfldbts
lamfa
tabgbts (actually not, when i modify it i noticed fuel request follows lamfa, need to look at this more, but bts is working for now)
ldrxn
ldrxnzk
kfldimx
kfldrl
kfldrq2
kfzwop/2 axis
kfmiop
kfmirl
temin
teminva
tvub
fkkvs
krkte
kfzw/2 axis + lower percent in high boost areas
kfdzk axis
lc+nls manually
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 11:58:40 PM by RENOxDECEPTION » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2020, 12:25:07 AM »

You can clearly see rl going way over rl_sol

I'm seein a ton of ps_w vs pdvdks_w variation so I'm guessing your MAF is scaled very wrong, so load is reading much higher than it should be.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
RENOxDECEPTION

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 12:37:54 AM »

Thank you, nyet.

I'll rescale my mlhfm and see if I can get it dialed in correctly.

Do you think that could cause a complete disconnect from throttle control?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 12:47:09 AM »

Thank you, nyet.

I'll rescale my mlhfm and see if I can get it dialed in correctly.

Do you think that could cause a complete disconnect from throttle control?

Yes, overscaling MAF by 20% will definitely cause a ton of torque intervention.

Safer to underscale than overscale; also less likely to hit the ps_w limit, which causes all sorts of other issues.

Is your KRKTE at theoretical? If you pull 20% out of your maf, KRKTE will have to change accordingly. If KRKTE is then 20% out of theoretical, then something else is very wrong.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
RENOxDECEPTION

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2020, 01:42:54 AM »

So I scaled my MAF before I installed my turbo setup, I figured since i measured the housing directly and used the scaling program for bosch sensors that it would be correct.

Could it be because my maf sensor is so close to the filter that it's reading high?

full size: https://i.imgur.com/INo7HIh.png
RENOxDECEPTION

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2020, 03:06:02 AM »

Is this better?

EPC still popped on on my test drive Sad
RENOxDECEPTION

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2020, 06:57:22 PM »

Think I've figured it out.

To get my n75 dc to 95% during turbo spool up, I set my LDRXN to pretty high values, but it is not requesting any boost at low throttle pedal %'s, but the turbo was still spooling slightly and deviating from the requested amount, torque intervention would see this deviation, and cut throttle response. Does that sound right?

You can see this at the end of the 170714 log attached, which immediately cut throttle and I ended the log.

So this issue is related to my understanding of boost pid i guess, ha.

speaking of, I did some more logging and worked on my IMX/DRL some more, I more or less have boost under control, still needs some work but it's better than it was before, can be seen in the 180509 log attached.

also pretty sure i fixed the maf as per above.

It's a wideband ecu so I don't know if that has an effect on my krkte/fkkvs, but fueling still seems accurate, going to have to start over with fuel logging and adaptation values to be sure
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 07:21:30 PM by RENOxDECEPTION » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2020, 10:38:58 PM »

Good sleuthing, that all sounds reasonable.

Don't depend entirely on wb, but rather, just use it to tell you how close your MAF/fueling is (feed forward component)

I will look at your log time permitting and hopefully give you some feedback.

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2020, 12:53:39 AM »

Actually, that still doesn't sound right; mimax comes directly from ldrxn, so you actually want that to be higher than actual torque.

ECUx Plot

RENOxDECEPTION

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2020, 04:29:47 PM »

How can I adjust requested boost at part throttle?

My turbo is gaining 6psi (wg cracking pressure) and as soon as it gets past a certain point, it triggers torque intervention.

I don't think I'm logging the correct addresses for these:

edit, never mind, they seem to work.

mibas_w         , {}                                , 0x382528,  2,  0x0000, {%}       , 0, 0,   0.00152588,      0, {indicated basic torque}
mizsolv_w       , {}                                , 0x382510,  2,  0x0000, {%}       , 0, 0,   0.00152588,      0, {ind. torque for an ignition timing intervention before torque limiting}
misolv_w        , {}                                , 0x38250E,  2,  0x0000, {%}       , 0, 0,   0.00152588,      0, {optimum indicated torque}

and I also don't have mimax.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 08:46:05 PM by RENOxDECEPTION » Logged
RENOxDECEPTION

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2020, 01:43:48 AM »

Log with those three variables added.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2020, 09:50:16 AM »

You want torque intervention. The whole point is the ECU closes throttle because it can't open the wastegate below cracking pressure.

What you don't want is a DTC, which is a different story.

ECUx Plot

RENOxDECEPTION

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2020, 11:31:27 PM »

Well figured it out; reverted to a stock irl/iop and only adjusted the higher load areas.

No more epc.

Also figured out my imx/drl and am no longer over boosting.

Thanks for the help nyet, I don’t know when I would have realized my maf was incorrectly scaled, but car is running great. Now I can work on advancing timing.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 11:38:04 PM by RENOxDECEPTION » Logged
RENOxDECEPTION

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2020, 11:35:48 PM »

Log for your critique.

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2020, 12:48:50 AM »

That looks pretty damn good! Well done.

ECUx Plot

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: