Pages: [1]
Author Topic: APR MAFless 1.8T tune?  (Read 3732 times)
vwnut8392

« on: August 19, 2020, 09:39:36 PM »

i recently B6 A4 1.8T come in running 6-8psi maximum. turns out the car has some sort of APR GT2871 kit on it. kit appears to consist of a new manifold, turbo, downpipe, turbo inlet pipe, diverter valve, FMIC setup, and the car has the APR exhaust. was shocked to see that the car had no MAF on it at all. tried to read the ECU which did work and i got an APR tagged file out of it. i than opened the ECU up to inspect a little closer to discover that it has an APR daughter board soldered into it thus why i could not flash over the file thats in the ECU. anyhow i did not know that APR ever provided a setup like this let alone MAFless tuning. has anyone ever seen this before?

Personally im not a fan of MAFless/alpha-N tuning so im putting a B5 S4 MAF back on it and retuning it from scratch.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 10:01:29 PM »

No. Some dipshit thinks alpha-n is fast, probably because someone on AZ told him so.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Blazius

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 09:57:00 AM »

The less parts you have the faster you go  Grin
vwnut8392

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 11:31:23 AM »

i wonder how someone flashed that daughter board with a modified APR file for MAFless? flash counter had 11 flashes on it.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 11:32:32 AM »

i wonder how someone flashed that daughter board with a modified APR file for MAFless? flash counter had 11 flashes on it.

Maybe they didn't. The ECU is in permanent alpha-n since the maf is unplugged and the owner thinks its awesome.

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2020, 12:15:48 PM »

No way its apr. No way would you get a actual read if ot was

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2020, 12:17:18 PM »

No way its apr. No way would you get a actual read if ot was

Depends on the board iirc; some first gen ones could be read via bootmode, then later, iirc, it would feed garbage thru bootmode.

ECUx Plot

vwnut8392

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2020, 11:37:42 PM »

See it for yourself.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: