Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Can't write serial eeprom with Pomona clip on ECU 8E0909599E w chip still on boa  (Read 2322 times)
SteveKen

I'm having trouble figuring out what is the problem with this method
SteveKen

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2020, 07:02:27 PM »

More info.

The ECU is from a 2004 Audi A4 3.0 5AT.  I can read the ECU just fine but can't write to it after I modify it with immo off and checksum, etc.

I have a 4Z7907551R from a 2003 A6 2.7T 5AT and can read and write to this one with no problem.

I can't see any visible difference between the 2 ECUs on the board (resistors, etc.)

What is the difference that's causing this and how can I get around it to enable the write using the SOIC8 pomona clip with the chip still on the board?

Could one ECU respond differently to any voltage being sent back through the chip other areas of the board?

I've only tried read/write with no power to the ECU.

Would putting the ECU in boot mode cause it to write successfully as this might prevent any activity to the serial eeprom?

SteveKen

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2020, 10:36:32 PM »

I was able to read and write the eeprom using the argdub's tool in boot mode with the following settings:

--bootmode 95P08 --CSpin P6.3  (guessed on the CS Pin based on some searchign here)

It read the eeprom with no problem.

Writing went through the whole process but failed verification, so I thought that I was in the same boat as I was with the willem programmer.

I tried to read and write again using argdub's tool but it always errored out on me.

I was able ot quickly verify with vag k commmander and with the willem programmer and clip that the write did not fail and the bin file was changed.

Unfortunately, I can't really try anything since I'm just experimenting and dont even have a car to match the ECU.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: