Pages: [1]
Author Topic: me9 injection suppression vs ignition retard  (Read 4601 times)
vwmaniac

« on: September 15, 2020, 02:07:26 PM »

i have 2012 gti with a 3.6 vr6 and r32 dsg box. everything is in the car and running with no cels. so im working on tuning now. im interested to know if i can eliminate injection suppression on shifts and solely use ignition retard. im looking at dnmaxh and kfzwkevabo but this is my first time really diving into me9. ive turned off a couple faults so far and adjusted ignition timing, cam timing and pedal map stuff with some stock R36 values and the car feels nice and responsive.   
vwmaniac

« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2020, 04:32:24 PM »

Well I've adjusted all my maximum limiters, so I'm going to start adjusting the timing retard map in the upper rpm where it already has like 2.5 degrees pulled and see if I can achieve a more aggressive dsg fart. I have started messing with some crackle pops also. I want to put the car thru nj inspection first then I'll really start playing with it.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 04:38:28 PM by vwmaniac » Logged
gman86

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 07:40:12 PM »

Be aware that if you pull more timing for more of a fart, you're going to slow down the shift.
vwmaniac

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 08:24:08 PM »

I going to pull 2-2.5  more degrees and see how that works, might play with some of the lower load areas too see if I can get a more noticeable burble on shift. Thank for the reply.
Josh_ox3

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2020, 11:20:03 AM »

I going to pull 2-2.5  more degrees and see how that works, might play with some of the lower load areas too see if I can get a more noticeable burble on shift. Thank for the reply.

Are you doing this via KFZWMNGS?
vwmaniac

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2020, 06:29:48 AM »

Are you doing this via KFZWMNGS?
no im going to use the kfzwkevabo ZW-Offset bei DQ-Hochschaltungen mit Einspritzausblendung. this appears to be the map it refers to for shifting igniton timing pull. i have already pulled timing from kfzwmn and kfzwms mostly for crackles on decel, only works well in sport mode or manual mode, completely undetectable when in drive. also it dosnt look like KFZWMNGS is a map option according to my damos. im using a b6 passat auto ecu not a dsg, it does work in a very similar way and there are no faults or communication issues
« Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 06:33:15 AM by vwmaniac » Logged
Josh_ox3

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2020, 10:38:23 AM »

no im going to use the kfzwkevabo ZW-Offset bei DQ-Hochschaltungen mit Einspritzausblendung. this appears to be the map it refers to for shifting igniton timing pull. i have already pulled timing from kfzwmn and kfzwms mostly for crackles on decel, only works well in sport mode or manual mode, completely undetectable when in drive. also it dosnt look like KFZWMNGS is a map option according to my damos. im using a b6 passat auto ecu not a dsg, it does work in a very similar way and there are no faults or communication issues

How did you get on?
vwmaniac

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2020, 12:59:48 PM »

Still working on it, the map didnt seem to do very much at all. I'll post info as I progress.
Albertoak

Well done is better than well said....

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2021, 12:40:25 AM »

i have 2012 gti with a 3.6 vr6 and r32 dsg box. everything is in the car and running with no cels. so im working on tuning now. im interested to know if i can eliminate injection suppression on shifts and solely use ignition retard. im looking at dnmaxh and kfzwkevabo but this is my first time really diving into me9. ive turned off a couple faults so far and adjusted ignition timing, cam timing and pedal map stuff with some stock R36 values and the car feels nice and responsive.   

good idea to play with the injection grades for this. Tell us if you can improve the dsg farts.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: