Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Installed WB Innovate Lc-1 PIG RICH WOT  (Read 7487 times)
streacy

« on: September 25, 2020, 01:19:32 PM »

Thanks to all here I was able to install my innovate WB and log with ME7 logger using a rear 02 sensor address.

Attached is a log with some light driving cruising, a 2nd gear pull to 3rd gear and some fourth. The cruising/light loads was a check to see if I was getting 14.7 at light loads cruise and i am (sometimes) but when I floored it after about 3500rpm the AFR dropped to as low as 8.5 even 7 (no black smoke billowing out of the rear of the car which would be expected at that AFR and seems to be pulling ok). Question is am i having a hardware issue with the WB i.e. dodgy sensor? NOTE: I did preform a free air calibration with WB prior to install or am i actually running that rich at WOT.

And just to be sure I took another log, same story (Attached)

Edited ME7L ecu file and added the following line:
;Name,    {Alias},                        Address,  Size, Bitmask, {Unit},        S, I,            A,     B, Comment
uushk_w, {O2SVoltageSensorWB}, 0x381116,    2,  0x0000, {WB-AFR} , 0, 0, 0.009766, -9.6, {}

Car is allroad 2.7t.
630cc injectors at 4 bar (Bosch EV14 and 044 fuel pump)
KRKTE : 0.05372
Targeting 0.75 or 11 AFR on wot (91 octane)
Yes file is locked WGDC file, I will be sorting my PID after I sort fuelling

Any help appreciated.

Auriaka

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2020, 02:09:20 PM »

I played with those injectors extensively on my old 1.8 setup.

What dead times and Temin are you using for academics sake since we have the KRK that you are using?
streacy

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2020, 02:29:46 PM »

Hi see attached images of tvub and temin used

Edit both temin and teminva are set to the same value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
streacy

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 02:48:59 AM »

After looking at logs again it looks like the car is going into EGT protection (Tabgbts set at 499c). See screenshot of logs

I dont know how this can be happening as I have both lamfa and klfbts aiming for the same afr .75 or 11.

What other maps are affected once Tabgbts is reached?
Blazius

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 02:56:13 AM »

KFLBTS isnt the only map, there are atleast 2 other factor maps, looks through s4 wiki again.
streacy

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 07:17:47 AM »

KFFDLBTS is zeroed and DLBTS is also zeroed, so shouldn't be affected by any other enrichment maps in BTS. Correct?

To experiment i also raised TABGBTS to 900 and did a run (attached), no change almost worse.

Any ideas?

KRKTE?
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2020, 10:06:55 AM »

Do not post modified CSVs. Period. You're literally breaking all of the features in ECUxPlot that are designed to help you figure out exactly the sort of problem you're seeing.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 10:08:53 AM by nyet » Logged

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Auriaka

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2020, 11:07:46 AM »

What krk are you using? Stock regulator?

Is the wideband spitting out the rich number only, or is ypur afr request in log that rich as well?   Haven't had a chance to open and look at log so I am shooting from the hip and trying to get some more backstory information here

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2020, 11:14:51 AM »

Is the wideband spitting out the rich number only, or is ypur afr request in log that rich as well?   Haven't had a chance to open and look at log so I am shooting from the hip and trying to get some more backstory information here

I would have but saw the modified headers and just deleted the log.

There is a ton of confusion here regarding requested vs actual. I don't get why it isn't immediately obvious if the problem is requested or the fact that actual isn't tracking requested.

They're independent problems and should be treated as such, but the whole thread here completely conflates the two and I can't figure out why.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 11:16:28 AM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
streacy

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2020, 12:58:14 AM »

Is the wideband spitting out the rich number only, or is ypur afr request in log that rich as well?   Haven't had a chance to open and look at log so I am shooting from the hip and trying to get some more backstory information here

KRKTE : 0.05372
And 4bar FPR

Do not post modified CSVs. Period. You're literally breaking all of the features in ECUxPlot that are designed to help you figure out exactly the sort of problem you're seeing.

I only filtered as log was unnecessarily long

See attached log (not filtered)

Car goes into BTS in this log and you can see requested AFR dropping as it should but actual just not matching (dropping too much). When requesting 1 lambda its not too far off.

It looks like requested AFR and actual AFR are not matching when not 1 (14.7).
MAF/ Air filter is stock only injectors and fuel pump upgraded. Is there a map I must look at to pull requested AFR and actual AFR back in line?

Thanks for replies, all comments helpful
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2020, 10:24:21 PM »

Not sure why you are having problems getting a single gear wot pull

Again, you are making it impossible to use ECUxPlot as it was intended.

The whole point is to let ECUxPlot do the filtering for you.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2020, 10:26:12 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

streacy

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2020, 01:50:09 AM »

Not sure why you are having problems getting a single gear wot pull

Again, you are making it impossible to use ECUxPlot as it was intended.

The whole point is to let ECUxPlot do the filtering for you.

Main reason for the poor logs was bad traffic, anyway managed to get out one of the nights and made three logs.

Now i can see how good EcuxPlot is. Inserting my injectors cc it can give me a calculated AFR. It shows im a little leaner than my requested according to calculated this would be due to my change in KRKTE to 0.051. I did check my fuel trims after all the runs and they showed as follows:

0.0@idle B1S1 -2.3@part B1S1 0.6@idle B2S1 -5.5@part B2S1

Should I leave well enough alone here or could i tidy up with FKKVS fixer?

Also with the results from EcuxPlot should i start thinking my wideband sensor is bad?

I also noticed on a long run up i was pulling a lot of timing due to IAT. Has anyone ever modified KFZWWLNM slightly to prevent this at say 50 degrees C?   
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2020, 03:58:51 PM »

Where is req boost?

why are you requesting 11AFR?

ECUx Plot

nyet
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2020, 04:11:16 PM »

There is zero reason to touch FKKVS

you can do everything with KRKTE/TVUB and MAF scaling to get trims to within 1%

anything left can be done in KFKHFM or KFLF (for open loop WOT fueling since you're narrow band) but are generally unnecessary unless you have a very oddball fueling setup or running closer to out of injector (>85% DC)

If you CANT get to 1% trims with just KRKTE/TVUB and MAF scaling, something is wrong with your hardware
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 04:13:37 PM by nyet » Logged

ECUx Plot

streacy

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2020, 08:02:07 AM »

Thanks for the replies

Where is req boost?

why are you requesting 11AFR?

Locked Waste gate File (for the moment) and only 91 octane fuel here.

There is zero reason to touch FKKVS

you can do everything with KRKTE/TVUB and MAF scaling to get trims to within 1%

anything left can be done in KFKHFM or KFLF (for open loop WOT fueling since you're narrow band) but are generally unnecessary unless you have a very oddball fueling setup or running closer to out of injector (>85% DC)

If you CANT get to 1% trims with just KRKTE/TVUB and MAF scaling, something is wrong with your hardware

Ok so for example if i am happy with my KRKTE at WOT and my fuel trims are still off I should adjust TVUB? My MAF is still stock so scaling shouldn't be necessary? When adjust TVUB how do I know what voltage values to adjust?
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: