Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: All things load/requested boost notch and NWS...  (Read 28916 times)
littco

« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2012, 02:33:41 AM »

Which brings us to this:

On cam changover, it appears as though there is a discontinuity in the MAF readings. I am assuming that is because the amount of air being injested REALLY does change at that point.

So there are probably two different corrections that are happening

1) correct rl_w as calculated from MAF based on cam position
2) correct plsol as calculated from requested load on cam position

Is it possible to override 2 (deliberately) without screwing up 1?

AND

Is there an additional requested load correction based on cam position?

On a side note could this Cam switch over be related to surge in anyway? I ask this as I can induce/ get surge without any problem below 4k, above 4k regardless of boost, surge just isn't present or a problem. Oddily when looking at my logs the Surge always goes at the same point it's as though a switch is turned and the surge goes around 4k. Now I'm having to hold back the boost to 18psi till 4k then I can ramp it up to what ever in need, having read this thread it just got me wondering if this camchange over is related or coincidence.

How much change over degrees occur?
julex

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2012, 06:15:41 AM »

On a side note could this Cam switch over be related to surge in anyway? I ask this as I can induce/ get surge without any problem below 4k, above 4k regardless of boost, surge just isn't present or a problem. Oddily when looking at my logs the Surge always goes at the same point it's as though a switch is turned and the surge goes around 4k. Now I'm having to hold back the boost to 18psi till 4k then I can ramp it up to what ever in need, having read this thread it just got me wondering if this camchange over is related or coincidence.

How much change over degrees occur?

Forget now but 18 or 21... A lot.
julex

« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2012, 06:21:18 AM »

How did you go about that, with KFNW/WWL?

correct. 1 = active, 0 = inactive for a given rpm/load point.
littco

« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2012, 06:28:38 AM »

Forget now but 18 or 21... A lot.

Wow 18-21 degrees? That's major!
julex

« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2012, 08:00:42 AM »

Wow 18-21 degrees? That's major!

I hope you're not confusing timing advance with change in intake cam phase Smiley.

When NWS activates, the intake cam advances forward causing the intake valves to open sooner but at the same time close sooner as well. In that state, the intake cycle overlaps exhaust cycle by quite a lot causing some exhaust gas to remain in the cylinder.

Timing advance is completely unrelated to this and stays roughly the same regardless of NWS active or not.
littco

« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2012, 09:30:47 AM »

Ha ha no not timing advance, that would be crazy. I'm was referring to valve over lap.
18 degrees is a lot of advance when you consider normal turbo cams have no overlap.
phila_dot

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2012, 12:09:02 PM »

Timing advance is completely unrelated to this and stays roughly the same regardless of NWS active or not.

Have you not looked at KFZW/KFZW2?
julex

« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2012, 12:50:39 PM »

Have you not looked at KFZW/KFZW2?

Yes I am familiar with the maps and I know what they are used for. I was referring to the fact that ignition doesn't advance by 18/21 (whatever the real cam advance is) degrees. Thanks for picking on it Smiley
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 12:52:10 PM by julex » Logged
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2012, 03:20:48 PM »

Notice there is no notch in req load.

APR is most likely running a stock KFPRG/KFURL

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
phila_dot

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2012, 07:59:45 PM »

Yes I am familiar with the maps and I know what they are used for. I was referring to the fact that ignition doesn't advance by 18/21 (whatever the real cam advance is) degrees. Thanks for picking on it Smiley

I know, just picking. Smiley

I try to keep things clear for those that don't know.
jibberjive

« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2012, 08:34:00 PM »

Notice there is no notch in req load.

APR is most likely running a stock KFPRG/KFURL

I have no notch in requested load in mine either.  Also, I'm running a stock KFPRG/KFURL.
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2012, 10:13:02 PM »

I have no notch in requested load in mine either.  Also, I'm running a stock KFPRG/KFURL.

KFPRG/KFURL introduce the notch in req boost, not req load.

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
jibberjive

« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2012, 12:58:31 AM »

KFPRG/KFURL introduce the notch in req boost, not req load.
Your post that I quoted said "notice there's no notch in requested load,"  so I was just commenting that there's also no notch in my requested load, and I'm running those same stock maps as well.  It doesn't seem that my issues have much to do with requested load. 

So are you saying that after one fixes the load notch somehow, to fix the boost notch they should try massaging the KFPRG/KFURL? Any thoughts about how you would attempt to massage those if so (possibly raise the values slightly in the 3800RPM columns in the 18 and 30.5 degree rows)?
jibberjive

« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2012, 01:07:48 AM »

I have modified ONLY the maps mentioned in the s4wiki, and i don't have a notch for req boost, act load, or req load.
Taken from your first post, how, specifically, did you edit those maps that you mention?

Has anyone (besides Julex, and Nyet [but not with the MAF notch]) honestly never had this notch and overcome it?  If so, how did you go about it?  I remember seeing more than a few comments around of "yeah, we figured out the notch," but it seems like those people aren't interested in posting in this thread.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:50:32 AM by jibberjive » Logged
littco

« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2012, 02:00:09 AM »

KFNWSE -Map for cam change over intake

This map runs from -4 below 4750 to 18 above is this the actual cam angle?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: