Pages: [1]
Author Topic: xdf, bin, ols files for 8D0907557P  (Read 5107 times)
htnelson

« on: October 01, 2020, 11:35:54 AM »

Might be missing something but its an M3.8.2 ECU
I have tried to do some searching and may have found some things that will work but still cant find an XDF.
I know these particular ECUs are a pain but i have leads on an AWP ecu and i want to try my hand at tuning before i go down that route
htnelson

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2020, 09:14:41 PM »

No one has this 20 year old file?
Auriaka

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2020, 10:46:14 PM »

557p is a me5.9.2 not 3.8 to my knowledge.

Usdm passat and a4 98-99 1.8t

There is a mappack for winols floating around for iy here. But I cannot vouch for its accuracy. The ecu is not widely documented and those that have the info arent keen on releasing it. Some people have played with it and do have some of thier materials posted with information searchable on the forum by 557p or AEB.

Documentation for that ecu is not nearly as well known or available as me7 is.  Its honestly a darkhorse.
htnelson

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2020, 07:09:12 PM »

557p is a me5.9.2 not 3.8 to my knowledge.

Usdm passat and a4 98-99 1.8t

There is a mappack for winols floating around for iy here. But I cannot vouch for its accuracy. The ecu is not widely documented and those that have the info arent keen on releasing it. Some people have played with it and do have some of thier materials posted with information searchable on the forum by 557p or AEB.

Documentation for that ecu is not nearly as well known or available as me7 is.  Its honestly a darkhorse.

Yeah since i posted that i read that it was actually a 5.9.2 not a 3.8.2
But, i have the original OLS file for it. But thats no help when im not willing to pay for the software to actually use it. I believe i need a bin and an XDF for it. I just wanna bump my injector size up to 630  Sad
Literally im at 550cc. As far as i know thats the only thing that needs to be changed right now and its such a pain not being able to find anyone who can do it
_nameless

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2020, 08:24:23 PM »

If you start with a new bin file your current tune will be gone. I'm assuming you have a larger then stock turbo and a custom tune to suit by the size of your current injectors. You may want to contact your original tuner to up your fueling

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
htnelson

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 09:40:19 PM »

If you start with a new bin file your current tune will be gone. I'm assuming you have a larger then stock turbo and a custom tune to suit by the size of your current injectors. You may want to contact your original tuner to up your fueling

Alot of the mods have been done by the PO and were poorly documented. So iv been backtracking and fixing things as i go. The car did have a K04 with 370cc injectors and a tune to match. It was tuned by GIAC and the tune was horrible. . But, the car now has a T3 50 trim and im just wanting to give it a shot myself because iv already called more than a dozen different places and scoured the internet for a decently priced tune for this 20 year old ECU and i havent had much luck. It honestly ran better with the T3 on there than it did with the K04 that the tune was made for. But, its still not quite right and Id like to use my bigger injectors and be able to crank the boost up past 15psi and not worry about melting a piston. Even though my AFR hasnt gone lean
_nameless

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2020, 05:40:50 AM »

what youre trying to do is no easy task. as said above that ecu is not documented that well and really none who knows a lot about that ecu is going to help, trade secrets. ill save you the hassle of looking, you wont find any public definitions in xdf format with anything m3.83 or m5.92. i have uploaded some m5.92 and m3.83 definitions to the forum but they are for use with winols. If you wanna tune this car on your own you may want to consider standalone ecu or be prepared to spend the next 5 years and every free moment of your life reading and doing research on your cars ecu. good luck!

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
TewSlo

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2020, 04:21:25 AM »

Might be missing something but its an M3.8.2 ECU
I have tried to do some searching and may have found some things that will work but still cant find an XDF.
I know these particular ECUs are a pain but i have leads on an AWP ecu and i want to try my hand at tuning before i go down that route

I'd suggest using the DAMOS file for WinOLS as you'll need to correct checksums. And it is a M5.9.2 not an M3.8.2.
TewSlo

« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2020, 04:27:24 AM »

I'm also going to go against the grain here and state these are extremely easy to tune. I see a lot of people saying it's hard to tune and write to. I tune the 98-99 AEB's on a regular basis. There is an abundance of M5.9.2 info on this site in regards to definitions and parameter definitions that can get you to a full remap.
_nameless

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2020, 06:42:46 AM »

I'm also going to go against the grain here and state these are extremely easy to tune. I see a lot of people saying it's hard to tune and write to. I tune the 98-99 AEB's on a regular basis. There is an abundance of M5.9.2 info on this site in regards to definitions and parameter definitions that can get you to a full remap.
Calibrating isnt hard ill give you that. for a noob to try and calibrate an engine management system that has very little documentation, logs are useless no charge pressure sensor, no useable lambda for fuel enrichment monitoring, maf scaling is a chore idk it seems hopeless with today youth. id love to see someone take the time to further this and document their findings and development.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: