Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Author Topic: 037 906 018C immo off directions to edit and fix checksum or upload immo off  (Read 24484 times)
samueljmullen

https://lockmedic.com/2018/02/08/a-long-explanation-of-why-we-dont-do-vw-audi-keys-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-war/
samueljmullen

https://lockmedic.com/2018/02/08/a-long-explanation-of-why-we-dont-do-vw-audi-keys-or-how-i-learned-to-stop-worrying-and-love-the-war/
samueljmullen

Quick response anyone? Is it absolutely necessary to desolder -and not use the test clip I have. I’m trying to figure out this problem, hopefully by today
elektronik13

I did install in the car after the initial soldering job and all lights acted normal and it would start and quit like normal (still immobilized) so I think the ECU is not damaged, with no significant issues observed, from the heat gun
ok now you are sure that your further work will not be wasted

you can use the clip
but remember you are using very simple equipment
something can always go wrong
and ecu it may be alive but not usable
your job your risk
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 10:48:11 AM by elektronik13 » Logged
samueljmullen

You’re awesome, thanks for the confirmation
samueljmullen

My earlier setup was tested for that eeprom so I’m still trying to figure out the problem but it helps for the confirmation
samueljmullen

Do I need a different programmer than ASProgrammer? The other program is the chinese program designed for this usb interface but the hex field isn’t populating in either one
elektronik13

Do I need a different programmer than ASProgrammer? The other program is the chinese program designed for this usb interface but the hex field isn’t populating in either one
this ecu will not let the eeprom be empty
so you read it wron
samueljmullen

ok just to clarify I don’t need to desolder, I just need to figure out what I’m doing wrong. I assume the eeprom is not empty so I’m doing something wrong, you are correct. I can try testing again but I’m trying to figure what I did wrong. It looks like the interface is being detected fine, without checking again I don’t think there’s an availability to change the COM port. Perhaps that’s my problem?
samueljmullen

Someone is telling me that I might have to apply power to the ECU; If so what is the best way? I’ve read a a tutorial using MPSS over OBDII and applying 12v to pin 46 if I recall correctly. Can I do it s without following the MPSS tutorial and just bench apply 12v to pin 46?
elektronik13

Someone is telling me that I might have to apply power to the ECU; If so what is the best way? I’ve read a a tutorial using MPSS over OBDII and applying 12v to pin 46 if I recall correctly. Can I do it s without following the MPSS tutorial and just bench apply 12v to pin 46?
enter +12 and provide ground
and do a reading test with the clips
samueljmullen

I’m super new on this stuff but I think I’m able to figure out what to do, with your help appreciated. The info on this other forum claims there’s no reading over the k line so I’m guessing I’m going to have to desolder -unless I’m able to find an original file with the same HW number (I read that the SW number can be different) then I can immo off then flash using MPPS with 12v applied to pin#. At this point it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to read without desoldering so I’m going to try the in emergency start procedure and see if that works since I prefer to get the car moved asap. Thanks for your help
samueljmullen

Just to clarify it looks like I will only be able to read by soldering
elektronik13

I’m super new on this stuff but I think I’m able to figure out what to do, with your help appreciated. The info on this other forum claims there’s no reading over the k line so I’m guessing I’m going to have to desolder -unless I’m able to find an original file with the same HW number (I read that the SW number can be different) then I can immo off then flash using MPPS with 12v applied to pin#. At this point it doesn’t look like I’ll be able to read without desoldering so I’m going to try the in emergency start procedure and see if that works since I prefer to get the car moved asap. Thanks for your help
immo off is eeprom not flash
pin 1,3,43 +12 and pin ground needed to power the reading ecu with clip
this programmer will not raise the voltage
without ECU power
therefore the reading is blank
because this programmer
does not check the connections of the feet for correctness
if he checked it, he would show the error of tension on his legs
you only need four wires to read
+12, ground, SC, SD
or without power Pin 43
« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 02:01:43 PM by elektronik13 » Logged