Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
Author Topic: 037 906 018C immo off directions to edit and fix checksum or upload immo off  (Read 24353 times)
samueljmullen

2001 Volkswagen Cabrio. Tried to program 2 different transponder without success so looking to do immo off so I can get this car moving asap. Thanks in advance!
timus

Polo 86c2f 1.8T AUM

Get your 24C02 eeprom memory content and then we can help with immo off Smiley
... or buy one of this cheap immo emulators
samueljmullen

I was wondering if I could edit it myself. I’ll get the file uploaded, I’m busy right now. Thanks for your help
elektronik13

I was wondering if I could edit it myself. I’ll get the file uploaded, I’m busy right now. Thanks for your help
of course you can edit the eeprom yourself but you don't have to, because we'll do it for you if you want
but you have to give me all the offset 00 entry
so that I can tell you how and what to change if you want to stick to the original file
or write it in offset 00 and 60, this string 12 68 30 12 15 13 94 8C 55 AA B2 F1 50 FF 0A FA
you don't need to unpin immo but you can choose
« Last Edit: October 10, 2020, 02:35:58 PM by elektronik13 » Logged
samueljmullen

I’m in the process of trying to read the eeprom, I read it once by accident, now I just n need to find out how to install the drivers correctly for the usb341A with ASProgrammer. I have the ECU open with my test lead on it. I can get the usb to recognize it says the eeprom not responding but I think the driver’s not install right yet. I’ve been doing so much with the drivers for VAG and Tacho cables and I have success with them, now just need to find out how to do a good setup on this usb reader
samueljmullen

I don’t need to bootload the ecu do get the computer to read the eeprom do I? The 1st one I read was from the immobilizer unit but now I can’t get it to read. I’ve read online that some people say it needs to be desoldered, is that correct and I just got lucky with the immo box because it was easy to read
elektronik13

I don’t need to bootload the ecu do get the computer to read the eeprom do I? The 1st one I read was from the immobilizer unit but now I can’t get it to read. I’ve read online that some people say it needs to be desoldered, is that correct and I just got lucky with the immo box because it was easy to read
you need to desolder eeprom hot air
attention, don't overheat the eeprom
and then the reading will be correct
samueljmullen

I did accident unsolder the wrong eeprom with a heat gun and tin foil -worked great, but I’m only going to do it if I can’t do it another way -I did successfully read the eeprom from the immo box. This is what I found out on the ECU, the eeprom is a Fairchild 24c02 (I read somewhere that’s it’s a 24c08 but I probably misread it. I got the drivers installed correctly and I figured out: good clip connection and both lights indicate -so that’s good. It’s now apparently reading the chip (it doesn’t give me the IC doesn’t respond error) but nothing populates in the field (I’m assuming I need to match the manufactures’ part number in the reader. I tried other model chips and same thing reads but doesn’t display anything. There is another eeprom chip 9025 by ST
elektronik13

I did accident unsolder the wrong eeprom with a heat gun and tin foil -worked great, but I’m only going to do it if I can’t do it another way -I did successfully read the eeprom from the immo box. This is what I found out on the ECU, the eeprom is a Fairchild 24c02 (I read somewhere that’s it’s a 24c08 but I probably misread it. I got the drivers installed correctly and I figured out: good clip connection and both lights indicate -so that’s good. It’s now apparently reading the chip (it doesn’t give me the IC doesn’t respond error) but nothing populates in the field (I’m assuming I need to match the manufactures’ part number in the reader. I tried other model chips and same thing reads but doesn’t display anything. There is another eeprom chip 9025 by ST
if you want 24C02 it has to be like that, no other
i think you need to buy another programmer
it's not super good but better than what you got
https://pl.aliexpress.com/item/1615435774.html
I hope this ecu is still alive after the heat gun
timus

Polo 86c2f 1.8T AUM

CH341A based programmer is good enough for SPI and I2C EEPROMS. I use one of those myself.
elektronik13

CH341A based programmer is good enough for SPI and I2C EEPROMS. I use one of those myself.
I do not know this device CH341A
because I don't have it
I don't know what problem you have with the driver
take photo of good quality ecu PCB
I will try to show you which eeprom it is
samueljmullen

I’m having problems uploading the pictures;

I think the fairchild 24c02 is the correct eeprom, the last one is the one I accidentally desoldered and my resulting poor sodering job (that’s why I prefer not to desolder unless I absolutely have to. Just to clarify, I shouldn’t have problems reading/writing without soldering? I’ve read online about problems but it appears only when trying to do it through the OBII port
samueljmullen

I had to change the image sizes
samueljmullen

I did install in the car after the initial soldering job and all lights acted normal and it would start and quit like normal (still immobilized) so I think the ECU is not damaged, with no significant issues observed, from the heat gun
samueljmullen

Not trying to veer off topic but I might have found out why I can’t finish programming the key because of a 8 digit precode?). I tried to use a BMW key with the same transponder but maybe I need a volkswagen key? I used the BMW key because I already drilled out my ignition so I didn’t need the proper blade cut.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: