Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SIMOS18 ReadDataByIdentifier List  (Read 4365 times)
vt1111

« on: October 20, 2020, 04:47:27 AM »

Hi,

does anybody knows where ODIS have a list of all accessable ReadDataByIdentifier PID's? Need that for several ECUs like SIMOS18 and EDC17C64.

Checked the FRF but it doesn't contain these Informations.
gt-innovation

« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2020, 02:58:38 AM »

get a full Simos18 read and EDC17 read and you will find those inside in a very convenient format....

Example :

PFLASH:800509A8                 .word state_ls_sae_0_
PFLASH:800509AC                 .word 0x11EC0001
PFLASH:800509B0                 .word fup_h_sae
PFLASH:800509B4                 .word 0x11DB0002
PFLASH:800509B8                 .word map_mes_sae
PFLASH:800509BC                 .word 0x11ED0001
PFLASH:800509C0                 .word fac_tps_1_sae
PFLASH:800509C4                 .word 0x11EE0001
PFLASH:800509C8                 .word fac_tps_2_sae
PFLASH:800509CC                 .word 0x11EF0001

vt1111

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 01:47:14 AM »

Hi,

not sure that we mean the same.

I mean Sensor Data reading (Like Advanced Measuring Values in VCDS): https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/adv-meas-blocks.php

I need the PID used by these Values, the Unit and the Conversion factor / algorithm to transform the raw Data into its real values.

VCDS, VCP and that stuff have these Informations of course but they are very hard encrypted.
gt-innovation

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 07:12:12 AM »

Hi,

not sure that we mean the same.

I mean Sensor Data reading (Like Advanced Measuring Values in VCDS): https://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/adv-meas-blocks.php

I need the PID used by these Values, the Unit and the Conversion factor / algorithm to transform the raw Data into its real values.

VCDS, VCP and that stuff have these Informations of course but they are very hard encrypted.

I am not sure that you know what you are looking.. check what i posted under each value... and this is for simos 18... all of the values you need are inside the bins and DID is there ....
prj

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2020, 07:51:06 AM »

ODIS DB is encrypted.
Easiest is to dump from bin via a2l and structure.
gt-innovation gave you some hints, if this is not enough for you, then I don't know what to say.
Actually this format is so simple on S18, that a child could do it Smiley

That said, I already provide a full logging solution for S18 ECU's, if you don't want to reinvent the wheel.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
d3irb

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2022, 03:36:20 PM »

Another useful place to find these readLocalIdentifier definitions is PDX/DiagODX, it is not hard to write a parser to extract the layers and if you really want you can find and read ASAM MCD2-D to learn how it works in painful detail. This is the root source of the diagnostic material that is transformed into for example ODIS/iDEX database files, and as far as I know is the thing the diagnostic vendors (VCP, OBD11, VCDS) buy / source to build their tools.

You can find my horrible tool to do this here: https://github.com/bri3d/a2l2xdf/blob/master/pdx2csv.py . Run it on the directory containing extracted PDX layers (ODX) and it will make two CSVs, one with localIdentifiers and one with DTCs. This script is a truly awful hack but it works well on most ECU PDX files. These files are often available in the same filepacks that include A2L for a given project.

This is handy to use vs. reversing the binary because there is a _ton_ of metadata in these PDX layers besides just the variable names you'd get through reversing the binary - in these files, you get descriptions, detailed conditions for test processes, diagnostic remedy instructions, and so on. And while the LocalIdentifier table is especially simple in Simos18, it is not exhaustive to just cross-reference RAM addresses in the simple table as there are several types of $22 handlers - some "direct read to RAM" but others are "simple function" or "complex function" which actually execute code snippets.

By dumping from PDX you get much more data although it is of course not as clean from an IP standpoint.

Or use VehiCAL as it is a great product, but of course you have to patch ECU to use it in the case of Simos.
prj

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2022, 04:25:12 PM »

If you want to just log the stuff that is in the PDX/ODX then you don't need to patch anything.
The basic protocol logs every single UDS VAG ecu with the PDX/ODX data. Of course if you want full RAM logging, then you need advanced protocol and patching.

As for getting the data from PDX/ODX files - you can not just get these files for any ECU unless you work for OEM.
Also VAG likes to really "mix it up" with the DID ID's. It can be even different between ECU versions, where all DID's from some point are offset by 1 because they put something in.
Unlike for example on Mercedes, where usually the same DID means the same thing across ECU's.

Anyway, I am not going to say how to get this data, not in my interest.
But Ross-Tech did it, OBD11 did it, and I am sure many others (myself included).

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: