Pages: [1]
Author Topic: B7 2.7T Swap Close Fuel Cap PLEASE HELP  (Read 5462 times)
Adam AC autos

« on: December 01, 2020, 12:52:43 PM »

Hello, if someone can point me in the right direction of some information that might be helpful here that would be great. I've been trying to get this message off the dash for months now

CLOSE FUEL CAP!!

I know it's to do with the Evap and LDP but removing codes obviously don't work . I need to switch off Diagnostics in the ECU for Evap and Leak Pump  I think......

Please it's been on my dash months ☺️

Thanks everyone

I have attached original and the file iv been trying to remove the message from. It's tuned

Thanks again
thedrill

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2020, 09:33:47 PM »

Are you sure its not the sensor on the filler neck?
IIRC There is a couple of wires under the rear seat that you can unplug to get rid of the message.
Adam AC autos

« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2020, 03:39:28 PM »

I have looked for the wirers that I've seen me mentioned before. But I don't have the cap with the magnet In etc .

This message only appears after I swapped to M-Box software for tuning. Because I couldn't find a XDF for my ORI

It apparently switched off somewhere in the file for readiness checks and the ECUs diagnostics of the Evap system

Thanks for the reply!
thedrill

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2020, 04:27:06 PM »

They use a B6 cluster in a B7 to extinguish the gas cap light... with the 2.7t swap.
Not sure if turning off stuff in the ecu will fix anything.
Joelvw

« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2020, 10:34:39 AM »

b6 s4 cluster will resolve the issue but requires new keys as diferent imobilser chip
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: