Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Anyone have a spare ECU?  (Read 9267 times)
Rick

« on: September 19, 2010, 03:19:14 AM »

The UK spec C box I have is proving very difficult to work with Sad  Does anyone have an M or G box they could sell me so i can finally start tuning?

Thanks, Rick
Jason

Breaks everything!

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 10:08:11 AM »

Good luck... I have been scouring for a while, and it seems like the best bet is www.car-part.com

Just a fair warning:  There's a guy on ebay selling ECU's... but he's actually selling resumably stolen GIAC flashes - the wording of the auction makes it sound like a "customer car" was reverted to stock and they have this flashed box available.  But then he requires you to send in your current ECU or pay a core charge - and then he uses the same pictures across multiple part numbers M, L, H, etc with multiple listings over time... he sure has a lot of customers turning in flashed ECU's and going back to stock...
Tony@NefMoto
Administrator

2001.5 Audi S4 Stage 3

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 12:39:15 PM »

I find used ECUs on Audizine, AudiWorld, or QuattroWorld, and sometimes on eBay. You can also try online junk yards like Shokan.

Remember you have to log in if you want to see the file attachments!
Info or questions, please add to the wiki: http://www.nefariousmotorsports.com/wiki
Follow NefMoto developments on Twitter: http://twitter.com/nefmoto
spen

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 10:03:44 AM »

you'll have to swap maf calibrations and delete two O2 sensors, as a minimum.  Should be easy enough.

Spen
DigiFather

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 11:12:20 PM »

The UK spec C box I have is proving very difficult to work with Sad  Does anyone have an M or G box they could sell me so i can finally start tuning?

Thanks, Rick

is no problem buy it but in europe ebay dealers want 200-300Euro for it.
in some ecu You must reconnect  one timing valve because in C box both  are connecting together.

Rick

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 02:06:17 AM »

Thanks, Rick

in some ecu You must reconnect  one timing valve because in C box both  are connecting together.

Hi, can you clarify what you mean by the above?  My car is a C box, and I have managed to find an H box, which I will probably reflash to a G box.  What do you mean by timing valve?

Rick
DigiFather

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2010, 02:36:01 AM »

Thanks, Rick

Hi, can you clarify what you mean by the above?  My car is a C box, and I have managed to find an H box, which I will probably reflash to a G box.  What do you mean by timing valve?

Rick

G box woriking on Hitachi maf, got one car here with 551G.
i mean timing solenoid valves on heads
look at photo - 551C use  ONE driver in ECU to drive solenoids and  both is connected to pin 115 , 551G dont know - must check  , but 551K use dual driver and one is connected to 115 pin and second to 114pin
http://audi.s4.valves.patrz.pl

« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 02:40:05 AM by DigiFather » Logged
Rick

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 11:11:41 AM »

The UK spec C box I have is proving very difficult to work with Sad  Does anyone have an M or G box they could sell me so i can finally start tuning?

Thanks, Rick

in some ecu You must reconnect  one timing valve because in C box both  are connecting together.

Hi, can you clarify what you mean by the above?  My car is a C box, and I have managed to find an H box, which I will probably reflash to a G box.  What do you mean by timing valve?

Rick

G box woriking on Hitachi maf, got one car here with 551G.
i mean timing solenoid valves on heads
look at photo - 551C use  ONE driver in ECU to drive solenoids and  both is connected to pin 115 , 551G dont know - must check  , but 551K use dual driver and one is connected to 115 pin and second to 114pin
http://audi.s4.valves.patrz.pl

Thanks for the info, I understand now.  I will go through the wiring diagram to check how the components differ.  

Rick
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 12:15:45 PM by Tony@NefMoto » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: