Pages: [1]
Author Topic: MED9.1 - 3.6 FSI FR  (Read 6425 times)
gman86

« on: February 11, 2021, 02:00:15 AM »

Long shot, does anyone have the above FR or one with similar structure? I'm looking to understand CWCANASRA. The engine is swapped into a manual vehicle and managed to kill the engine DTC for missing transmission control module (not as simple as coding out via VCDS, it doesn't work) but it has the fault code:

005715 - Please check DTC Memory of ABS Controller

Which annoyingly contains ...

01315 - Transmission Control Module
            004 - No Signal/Communication

I've worked round all the limitations for gearbox errors and the vehicle drives perfectly, but I want this to be as clean a build as possible and not have lingering MILs or DTCs.
gman86

« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2021, 02:01:31 AM »

Also worth noting the ABS module (MK60EC1) is stock and the vehicle was manual from the factory, so there's a routine in the ECU that's telling it to look for the DSG.
Dmitrii-VR6T

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 03:33:39 AM »

I swapped BWS 3.6 VR6 to my tiguan 2012 and I faced to similar ABS questions. I asked the man who makes custom ABS software, he made it and the ABS error was gone
gman86

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 04:25:14 AM »

I swapped BWS 3.6 VR6 to my tiguan 2012 and I faced to similar ABS questions. I asked the man who makes custom ABS software, he made it and the ABS error was gone

Who's the man that makes custom ABS software?
prj

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 05:45:50 AM »

If the ABS is from the original car, which is manual, then the ABS is not the problem.
The problem is in the ECU that is broadcasting that it's for an Auto. Meaning you didn't sort it right.
On ME7 CWGC needs to be changed, I've not looked at MED9.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
Dmitrii-VR6T

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2021, 06:52:45 PM »

Who's the man that makes custom ABS software?
https://www.drive2.ru/users/drsedoy Dmitrii
He makes custom ABS software with different functionality.
360trev

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2021, 07:03:34 PM »

If the ABS is from the original car, which is manual, then the ABS is not the problem.
The problem is in the ECU that is broadcasting that it's for an Auto. Meaning you didn't sort it right.
On ME7 CWGC needs to be changed, I've not looked at MED9.

As per prj, you cannot just "swap" transmission without re-calibrating the firmware as tonnes of little things won't work properly (even if you butcher all the CEL's which you shouldn't need to do if you do it properly!) and it will always be a horrible car to drive. There are so many subtle things I cannot be bothered to list them all but some of them are show stoppers imho. You need to do this properly as per factory would for a good driving, reliable car.

The engine ecu broadcasts a CAN message of how its operating and that includes manual or automatic so if you've NOT done this conversion correctly the other modules which have dependencies on them will get upset. It gets even more complex on later cars as you then need to perform proxy alignment too but that's a whole different subject..
« Last Edit: December 13, 2021, 07:05:41 PM by 360trev » Logged
gman86

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2021, 03:57:02 PM »

As per prj, you cannot just "swap" transmission without re-calibrating the firmware as tonnes of little things won't work properly (even if you butcher all the CEL's which you shouldn't need to do if you do it properly!) and it will always be a horrible car to drive. There are so many subtle things I cannot be bothered to list them all but some of them are show stoppers imho. You need to do this properly as per factory would for a good driving, reliable car.

The engine ecu broadcasts a CAN message of how its operating and that includes manual or automatic so if you've NOT done this conversion correctly the other modules which have dependencies on them will get upset. It gets even more complex on later cars as you then need to perform proxy alignment too but that's a whole different subject..

The car drives absolutely perfectly. No issues whatsoever. Made 329hp at the crankshaft, nice smooth curve. It's literally just this code that persists.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: