Pages: [1]
Author Topic: *sigh* tried too read a friends golf 4 GTI also not working  (Read 8167 times)
airtite

Hi

OK now another car I couldnt read, plugged my MPPS into the car and this time the cable read voltage but couldnt wake the ecu? Tried with nefmoto and it wouldnt create a connection in fast or slow init? So this is now the 2nd car that I have tried too read with no joy my b6 s4 still cant connect, now this golf 4! I have ordered a Galletto 1260 OBDII EOBD ECU Flashing Cable which I can get my hand on locally so I am hoping this will enable me too at least read a few other ecu's. Last question but can someone explain if its possible too put the ECU into boot mode without removing it from the car and if yes how?
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 11:35:37 AM »

At the top of this forum Grin

http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=1369.0title=

This has nothing to do with cars but you can see my glorifying job at,

www.MWPropane.com
airtite

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 11:12:55 PM »

Cheesy thanks Rob, only question is, and please bear with me I am no electrician but point 3 "Connect the ECU boot pin to ground" how is this done could someone post a picture of what I would use too do this?

To get the ECU into boot mode in the car, this process should work:
0) Plug your Galletto cable into the OBD port and get Galletto software ready.
1) Disconnect the battery
2) Insert the key, and turn on the ignition
3) Connect the ECU boot pin to ground
4) Connect the battery
5) Disconnect the ECU boot pin from ground
6) Tell Galletto to connect
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2012, 06:12:41 PM »

My apologies. Work, life, kids..... Never enough time for nef.... anyway, I have seen nyet post a picture of something he used to bridge between 2 pins on the chip. 1 way grounded boot pin, other way was for normal operation. I've only ever attempted boot mode on the bench, as I think its easier. I even plan to have a mobile bench setup in the trunk if time permits one day.

I'm not an electrician, but I can only assume it would be possible to ground with insulated wire to negative terminal, or cars chassis. Either way, you have to remove the cover to the ecu, and really if your that far I always thought it easier to bench it, hence why I never attempted boot in the car. Hope that helps, although your probably no further along. Sad

www.MWPropane.com
NOTORIOUS VR
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2012, 06:25:52 AM »

Hi

OK now another car I couldnt read, plugged my MPPS into the car and this time the cable read voltage but couldnt wake the ecu? Tried with nefmoto and it wouldnt create a connection in fast or slow init? So this is now the 2nd car that I have tried too read with no joy my b6 s4 still cant connect, now this golf 4! I have ordered a Galletto 1260 OBDII EOBD ECU Flashing Cable which I can get my hand on locally so I am hoping this will enable me too at least read a few other ecu's. Last question but can someone explain if its possible too put the ECU into boot mode without removing it from the car and if yes how?

On a MK4 pull fuse 15 for the dash... IMMO likes to get in the way with MPPS

SCHNELL ENGINEERING BLOG ·  STANDALONE ECUS · TUNING · DYNO · WIRING · PARTS · VEMS
Google Talk: NOTORIOUS.VR
n00bs start here: http://s4wiki.com/wiki/Tuning
airtite

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2012, 06:37:50 AM »

awesome will try that now, friend bring the car back shortly. thanks for the help
airtite

« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2012, 07:25:29 AM »

nope same thing
airtite

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2012, 08:52:53 AM »

looks like its an AGU cable throttle anyone know if its possible too flash via the OBD port?
RaraK

« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2012, 09:52:24 AM »

On a MK4 pull fuse 15 for the dash... IMMO likes to get in the way with MPPS

fuse 11 on mk4's
airtite

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2012, 10:53:14 PM »

fuse 11 on mk4's

even on an agu with me3.8?
rob.mwpropane

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2012, 02:55:14 AM »

even on an agu with me3.8?

Pre ME7 can not be read via obd. "Should" be able to write.

www.MWPropane.com
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: