Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ldrlms_w limiting rl_w on med9.1 does anyone know why?  (Read 2485 times)
jacktfsi

« on: April 08, 2021, 12:19:28 PM »

Hi everyone,

I'm currently having an issue where rlmax_w is being capped by ldrlms_w thus rl_w is lower than expected. I had a dodgy thermostat on the car and as ldrlms_w engine charge temp protection i thought this may be causing the issue as water temp was 68* instead of 90 so replaced this today and still no better. i set all limiters to 1 such as KFFKRXTM, KFFWLLDE and all kftarx related maps to rule out on load capping issues with those maps also LDPBN is also 2550 across the board.

Really scratching my head with this one so any help would be appreciated, i can log any variable and can disassemble the binary if needed to get to the bottom of it but hoping someone on here has the answer or has had similar issues.

Car is a mk5 golf gti ED30 - stage 2+ (stock k04-064,vis hpfp, rs4 fprv, intake, full exhaust and 3" decat, fmic)

attached is the log and a screen shot of the issue.

Thanks,
Jack
prj

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 03:45:15 AM »

You need 5120 modding some variables to go past 1.5 bar. Look at the scaling on plsol and you will see what is happening.

But not on this turbo. Linearize your PID so it actually hits your target and you're done.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
jacktfsi

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 07:14:17 AM »

Thanks for the reply, I was hoping this wasn’t the case but I need to do it sooner or later.

Just having a quick look at the fr I noticed it’s 8bit and therefore limited to 255 dec with the current scaling, so looking at everything that’s references plsol - DFPMENV, LDRPLS, LDTVMA and TKMWL can I just divide the axis by 2 where plsol is used an axis or input for maps etc, there’s more to this obviously but I’ve noticed some stuffs already 5120 so it should in theory be slightly easier than me7 5120 hack.

I’ll read more into this and post the progress
prj

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 07:30:55 AM »

First fit a bigger turbo and tune the boost control.
Your boost request is fine, your boost control isn't.

There's no point to run more than 1.5 bar on K04.

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
jacktfsi

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 08:15:46 AM »

First fit a bigger turbo and tune the boost control.
Your boost request is fine, your boost control isn't.

There's no point to run more than 1.5 bar on K04.

I've since dialled in the pid somewhat since the the log above but could still do with some work.

Reason for the interest in 5120 is a bigger turbo i will be fitting so this would be useful to keep things oem as possible with regards to the same tuning practises instead of driving duty with drl for example.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: