Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wittsend here for the first time  (Read 3047 times)
wittsend

« on: April 14, 2021, 09:12:46 AM »

Goals?  Help my son get his car running.  He is 15, bought a used 06 Jetta, 2.5 with a bad radiator, we drove it home, and started looking for parts.  Grill, bumper skin, 2 fenders, chin piece, radiator, and other misc items.  I say he bought it, but I did, he has already paid back the $1000.  :Looking for parts I found a 06 GLI for $1000, that had everything we needed.

I talked him into the GLI, not much to say, sport vs old man Jetta, not to mention the first one has a salvage title already, the second one has a clean title.  But has a few bugs that I cannot get answered at VWvortex.

So please look out for my posts and assist where you can.  In the mean time I will be plugging away on my 78 Vette.  I think the only real electronics in it is the radio.  LOL
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 04:42:38 PM »

Stinker of a motor, not much you can tune on it

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
_nameless

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 01:55:24 PM »

Goals?  Help my son get his car running.  He is 15, bought a used 06 Jetta, 2.5 with a bad radiator, we drove it home, and started looking for parts.  Grill, bumper skin, 2 fenders, chin piece, radiator, and other misc items.  I say he bought it, but I did, he has already paid back the $1000.  :Looking for parts I found a 06 GLI for $1000, that had everything we needed.

I talked him into the GLI, not much to say, sport vs old man Jetta, not to mention the first one has a salvage title already, the second one has a clean title.  But has a few bugs that I cannot get answered at VWvortex.

So please look out for my posts and assist where you can.  In the mean time I will be plugging away on my 78 Vette.  I think the only real electronics in it is the radio.  LOL
the gli should have a 2.0t bpy engine code and you can do a lot with those engines. Those have med9 ecus in them and some threads on them already exist. china kess will read threw port no problem/ the 2.5 is a good engine too. known for oil leaks from the pcv system, vacuum pump and valve cover. however, they will make some more power tuned on high octane fuel. Also, I forgot to mention the intake manifold are know for vacuum leaks between the head and plastic intake manifold.   

If you are in the market for a tune and would like the ease of downloading and flashing a dyno tested tune for a fair price check out https://instatune.sellfy.store/
Blazius

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 01:59:00 PM »

Turbo the 2.5 Smiley I wish that came to Europe too. oh well got the VR5 instead. Good luck
nyet
Administrator

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 02:07:17 PM »

Turbo the 2.5 Smiley I wish that came to Europe too. oh well got the VR5 instead. Good luck

More "just add a turbo to a motor that never came with a ECU with boost control" advice?

ME7.1 tuning guide (READ FIRST)
ECUx Plot
ME7Sum checksum checker/corrrector for ME7.x

Please do not ask me for tunes. I'm here to help people make their own.

Do not PM me technical questions! Please, ask all questions on the forums! Doing so will ensure the next person with the same issue gets the opportunity to learn from your experience.
Blazius

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 02:47:11 PM »

More "just add a turbo to a motor that never came with a ECU with boost control" advice?

yeah "just" Cheesy ... Okay for real anything is possible, specially now that prj released his custom pid, given that the 07k came with ME7.1.1 (2007ish) and ME17 later, you never know what people can learn in a few years.

Should've said 2.7TT swap Tongue

Got 2 choices anyway here , keep the GLI with the 2.0 or restore the 2.5. What are the errors on the GLI?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: