Pages: [1]
Author Topic: virginize mkiv immo3 cluster  (Read 2327 times)
Newbee

« on: September 06, 2021, 01:01:19 PM »

I have read a lot in forums about mkiv immo3 cluster (part numbers 1Jx 920 8x6), but nowhere is written how to make them virgin.

According to Ross-Tech VCDS Wiki there are only Immobilizer status 4, 5, 6 and 7. But in other forums it is written that there are also status 0, 1, 2 and 3. In one forum it is written that status 4 is not new and therefore no adaption is possible.

I am totally confused now, what is the correct status for a virgin mkiv immo3 cluster? And how do I set it? The Immobilizer status is stored in the EEPROM 3 times after the number of keys.

Must all data (IMMO ID, VIN, IMMO key, number of keys, key fob data)  be deleted / replaced with FF and?
Faiber

« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2021, 05:06:05 AM »

I would wipe software coding, workshop code and service reminder related data also. In order to make perfect dump. Just for pairing and setting new mileage not needed so much.
Correct immo status for virgin cluster eeprom is 4 and it changes to 6 when pairing with diagnostic. Ross-tech wiki is little confusing. 
Anyway. Virgin or not pairing to old used ecu with vcds needs both pin codes. What if ecu is also virgin? Does it change something. Might have key problem with old and locked id48 chips
« Last Edit: October 22, 2021, 05:46:18 AM by Faiber » Logged
macxxx

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2021, 04:02:50 PM »

there is a pack of clusters dump to download here on forum - there are some virgin dumps also , just compare an you find the answer
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: