Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Help needed with pairing a second ECU to cluster  (Read 1900 times)
threeputtpar

« on: September 15, 2021, 10:30:59 AM »

I had to replace my 2002 Audi TT 1.8 ecu, and now am trying to fetch the SKC from the new ecu. Found an ecu with the same part number from the same year and everything. I have K-CAN Commander v1.4 and I can access and read my cluster's code but it will not communicate with the ecu. I get a timeout error 2-3 seconds after it tries to communicate. Tried to use the V3.6 software that I downloaded, but that doesn't communicate with the cable at all.

I've downloaded the great tools for EEPROM reading from this site, but they don't see to work with the commander cable I have. I have a blue KKL cable on the way.

Is the issue that the cluster code currently doesn't match the ecu? I don't have the ability to do any of this on the bench, just trying to go through OBD. I've been able to figure out setting com ports, will the KKL cable get me access to the ecu via ArgDub's tool? Thank you in advance.

Add info: I've read the 2 stick threads regarding dumping the 95040 several times and really couldn't find a definitive answer if a Commander cable would work with the free tools or not.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2021, 12:05:50 PM by threeputtpar » Logged
choogenboom

« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2021, 09:07:08 AM »

I just cracked this nut a few days ago on my 2002 TT with AMU engine.  ECU uses 10400 baud.  See my post here http://nefariousmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=20150.new;topicseen#new for tools I used to pull the SKC from my ECU.  So first thing I would do is verify your tools are using 10400 baud rate.  When I used 9600 I got timeout errors while "waking up" the ECU.  Switched to 10400 and it was smooth sailing.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: