Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How do I stabilise Idle with a retarded timing?  (Read 2417 times)
R32Dude

« on: January 23, 2022, 01:59:51 AM »

I noticed that at startup the exhaust note at idle is more growly for a few seconds, due to the timing following zwspae as explained in the FR.
I would like to keep that note going always at idle, but haven't had much luck. I tried forcing the timing to follow zwspae by lowering kfzwop to -20 in the rpm and load area where idle is and a bit above. However the motor hunts and even closes the throttle on occasions. Is this the proper way to do it, by fine tuning that area in KFZWOP or are there more maps to adjust?
xXxCryxXx

« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2022, 04:05:40 AM »

I noticed that at startup the exhaust note at idle is more growly for a few seconds, due to the timing following zwspae as explained in the FR.
I would like to keep that note going always at idle, but haven't had much luck. I tried forcing the timing to follow zwspae by lowering kfzwop to -20 in the rpm and load area where idle is and a bit above. However the motor hunts and even closes the throttle on occasions. Is this the proper way to do it, by fine tuning that area in KFZWOP or are there more maps to adjust?
Is that a question for how to do pop and Bang?
BlackT

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2022, 05:07:53 AM »

ME7 idle is hard to tune, there is torque idle reserve what make things real complex.

R32Dude

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2022, 05:35:18 AM »

Is that a question for how to do pop and Bang?
No, I still have cats! I read those threads and got the kfzwop idea from there, but they change the top row, whereas I think I need to change a few cells only, near idle rpm and idle load as I only want the retard in the idle. Being dsg, the clutch activates when the brake is lifted a little and still in idle so I might have some trouble there too, but for now the idle in neutral is bad. Why is it not able to open the throttle a bit  gently to compensate for the late ignition?
bamofo

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2022, 11:41:32 AM »

20-30 seconds at startup sounds like CAT warming procedure.

IF you can log whats going on during that you surely can beat up your car by running it at crazy AFR's and Timing. Running prolonged - timing is a bad idea...
Norwegian1.8T

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2022, 12:41:50 PM »

20-30 seconds at startup sounds like CAT warming procedure.

IF you can log whats going on during that you surely can beat up your car by running it at crazy AFR's and Timing. Running prolonged - timing is a bad idea...

But it sounds cool!  Wink
R32Dude

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2022, 12:38:02 AM »

So, just to make sure adjacent KFZWOP cells were not affecting the timing, I forced the motor to use zwspae when B_LL was on. Same deal, oscillating idle. Attached a log with cranking, start and idle
prj

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2022, 01:53:23 AM »

Stop fucking with KFZWOP and learn how idle control works on ME7.
It's torque based.

It is possible to do what you want to do, but the reason it sounds like a bag of shit is also because the cams are in overlap apart from timing being severely retarded.

Doing this all the time will blow up your cats and borewash and glaze your bores. Really stupid idea. I would say even a retarded idea (pun intended).

PM's will not be answered, so don't even try.
Log your car properly.
R32Dude

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2022, 03:20:44 AM »

Cat heating disabled, cams not overlapped and kfzwop untouched now. Just using b_ll instead of b_sa as a test only to force zwsape for zwist
prj

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2022, 04:08:41 AM »

Cat heating disabled, cams not overlapped and kfzwop untouched now. Just using b_ll instead of b_sa as a test only to force zwsape for zwist
Which is not what you are supposed to be doing whatsoever. Learn how it works instead of hacking random things.
Open the FR and pay attention to LLR modules.

Log your car properly.
R32Dude

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2022, 06:58:56 AM »

ME7 idle is hard to tune, there is torque idle reserve what make things real complex.

What was once the turn of a screw is now too difficult.
prj

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2022, 07:35:40 AM »

What was once the turn of a screw is now too difficult.

It is not difficult. I managed to go from a calibration with a torque converter to a manual gearbox with flywheel, re-tuning the whole thing. That was back in '13.
You are just lazy. RTFM.

LLR is torque based with slow and fast path. If you just want to run retarded timing it's literally 1 row to change in 1 map.

Log your car properly.
tao13

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2023, 09:01:08 AM »

Hi PRJ. Please if you want to give me a little help about my dq250 on 1.8t.
At idle in drive mode i have more fuel injected  than in parking or neutral mode.
Can i do something to reduce fuel at idle in drive mode. here i must stay with leg on brake pedal, but i think the added fuel (witch came from little more load) is not from break.
I have kfmres and kfmresk but...again i think if my me7 don't see the clutch pressed it doesn't use these maps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: